Chapter 3

Demi's POV

"Demi?" Meghan looks up at me

"Yeah?" I asked softly.

"I. I'm not myself anymore. I'm not the same girl I was when you knew me before." She said

I nodded. Understanding where she's coming from. I decide to show her my scars.

"I know you aren't. Either am I Meg. I've been honestly searching for you but had no idea where to look." I said softly.

That's when she started to sing.

Merrily we fall out of line, out of line.

I'll fall anywhere with you I'm by your side

Singing in the rain humming melodies.

We aren't going anywhere until we freeze.

I'm not alone anymore. I'm not alone.

Forever is a long time.. But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.

Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile.. I wouldn't mind it at all.

You don't know me.. pinch me gently. I can hardly breathe..

Forever is a long, long time. But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.

Man this girl was a good singer. I never knew. I heard the pain in her voice. She'd been hurt before. That was her and the other persons song. I wrapped my arms around her. Pulling her closer to me.

"You were hurt before. Badly weren't you?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well, I have too. I won't hurt you. Nobody can hurt you. Not now. Not ever." I opened my twitter and scrolled through the feed. People where already giving Meghan hate. I looked at her wrists and seen cuts and scars. I know she had more but I won't pressure her to tell me. She'll open up when she is ready. I see one that says something. It was her exes name. Nicole.

I wrapped my arms tighter around her waist. "Babe, stand up for a second. I wanna see if you're still taller than me." I giggled.

She stood up and I was a head taller than her now. "Awe you're short." I smiled and picked her up to spin her. So I started singing my song "Give Your Heart A Break"

The day I first met you

You told me you'd never fall in love

But now that I get you