Alright

Rumple did not go to bed easily that night. He wanted to stay up and keep an eye on our guests, but after reminding him that they had brought me back, he went to bed. He did get Dove to watch their room though. I couldn't argue with that. He just wanted us to be safe.

We went to our room and laid down. He laid on his back staring at the ceiling. After a wile I turned towards him.

"Are you going to sleep tonight?"

"Perhaps." He replied, folding his hands on his chest. It was an instant sign of stress.

"Why don't you sleep and I'll stay up and keep an eye out?" I offered turning completely in my side to face him.

He took a deep breath and turned his head to look at me, "I don't want to put that on you. You can't handle it."

"I can." I argued.

"Y/n, go to sleep."

I sighed and sat up, "You really don't think Dove and I can't handle seven tiny men? Come here." I patted the spot on the bed between my legs.

He groaned in protest, but eventually scooted over and sat between my legs, leaning on me. "It's not that I don't trust you two, because I trust you both. It's only... Once I was a little man who no one saw as a threat, and now I've killed thousands if not millions."

I started massaging his shoulders, "Yes, but that was different."

"Perhaps."

I ran my hand over his chest. "Just relax. Everything is fine. Dove is watching them. Shhh"

"I don't want to sleep. I don't need to sleep." His groggy voice contradicted what he was saying.

"You need your sleep Rumple. Dove's got this." I reminded him. "Shh, just relax. Sleep." Before I knew it he was out. He must have been completely worn out. It had been a long couple of days for us both, and soon I fell asleep also.

~*~

I woke up to Rumple's body jerking away from mine. I looked up, as my eyes adjusted to the dark. When they did I saw him sitting strait up. He was looking strait at the door.

"You okay Rumple?" I asked yawning.

He stood up on the bed, I noticed he was already dressed in his day cloths, "Something isn't right." He told me walking to the edge of the bed and then stepped off.

I felt the wind of magic, and I was dressed. I got up to follow him out of the bedroom and down the hall. We were going towards the rooms we had let the dwarves stay in.

Rumple turned the corner before me and stopped. I ran smack into the back of him. He acted like he didn't even notice, and maybe he didn't. If I saw what he had seen I wouldn't have, I know that.

I peered around him, and saw it. Blood everywhere. On the doors and walls. All up and down the hall, and there laying in the middle was one big body. Dove. With an ax in his head, and a smile painted on with his own blood.

I turned around and puked. This was all my fault.