Part 3: The One

Valentina's POV:

After I calmed down, we sat there in that lounge for hours and hours, talking about absolutely anything and everything we could think of. I told him multiple times to return to his concert, but each time he refused and simply said he would rather stay and talk with me, making me blush. I told him a little about me when he asked, but I was more interested in what he had to say. I have always admired him as a singer, however now I think I really admire him as a person. Piero told me all about his life growing up in Sicily, and so many hilarious stories of Il Volo's time on the road. I couldn't believe it when he said a fan threw her bra onstage with her phone number written on it!

"Did you call her?!" I asked, shocked and intrigued.

"Yes, of course." he replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "No, that is not the way to get my attention I'm afraid." he said with laughing eyes.

"Oh really," I asked demurely "Then what is, Piero?"

He glanced at me with a knowing smile on his lips, but then answered.

"I would give my attention to a girl that is beautiful, though that is not the only important thing. She would have to be smart, kind and loving. Someone who not only catches my eye, but catches my heart. Someone, who when I see them my heart whispers to me "Piero, that's the one".

"Oh my..." I truly didn't know what to say. I felt like my eyes were tearing up at what he just said. I mean, who these days talks like he does?! "Piero," I said "that was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. And, I really hope you find that girl someday."

"Thank you, but I already have." he said with a huge grin on his face.

"Wh-what do you mean?!" I asked shakily.

"I mean that she is sitting right in front of me, silly!" he said.

I looked around myself to see if there was another girl in the room with us and he laughed when he saw me realize there wasn't.

"You don't- you can't mean..."

"Yes, I do mean you, Valentina." he said sweetly, happily taking my hands in his from where he was sat next to me on the velvet couch.

"But...why?" I asked, shocked. I couldn't even process this. My heart was pounding so loud I was worried he would hear it beating in my chest.

"Because, you are everything I said I could ever want in a woman and more. I'm sorry this makes me come on a bit strong, since we've only known each other for a few hours." he replied shyly, glancing up to gauge my reaction.

"Oh my god." I really didn't know how to react. I looked at him, studying my face trying to guess as to what I would say next. I wanted to scream with happiness, but surely this was too good to be true. He must of been joking or I could be on one of those hidden camera shows that are always on TV.

"Are you pranking me?" I asked cautiously.

"Wh-what?! Are you serious?! I would never do that!" he exclaimed, sounding genuinely suprised.

He was right. Though I hadn't known him for very long, I knew him well enough to know he wouldn't play with a girl's emotions. But, if he isn't kidding then that means that his heart told him that I'm the one. The one! Me! Suddenly I felt like screaming at the top of my lungs how much I loved him. And I did. I knew in my heart that I loved this beautiful Italian man sitting in front of me. Him, with his melty chocolate brown eyes and thousand-watt smile that could make anyone fall in love with him. And I knew that I had to tell him.

"Piero, I want you to know that I feel the same. You are undeniably perfect in every way and really someone special to me. Honestly, I don't think I deserve you. You have the best personality and outlook on life than of an guy I've ever met before."