Part 1

Ranveer Singhania, the tall debonair steel-grey eyed heir to Delhi-based Singhania Empire, had thought that her cheerful vibrant personality, her uninhibited laughter, and easy-going nature would balance out his serious and colorless life. That she would be the best life partner for him. He had felt it in his heart that making this chirpy and full of life girl his wife will be the best decision of his life. She had caught his attention from the day she had stepped into his life like an innocent cute deer, prancing through life without any worries. She was the only one who made him smile with her non-stop chattering, and make him laugh at her antics. Her huge doe-shaped eyes were filled with warmth. And her beautiful smile could warm up any one's heart. She was one of a kind and she was the one for him. Or so he thought.

'You're no longer married to each other. The court hereby grants you divorce,' the judge announced and moved on to the next case.

She did not even once look towards him. It was just an observation, not a complaint because somewhere his own heart had turned quite aloof after fighting for one and a half long years and then due to the humiliating divorce case that followed. Today she will go her separate way, where she had been dying to go since last so many months. He saw Sanjay Poddar waiting for her outside the court. He had heard that they've been dating for six months now, since just two months after she had left his house. They hugged and smiled, in relief he figured, as now they could finally marry and she can live her happily ever after. Something she was a huge fan of. Something she did not find with him. Now she was free to lead a happy life with a happy man. Not a sad life with a clammed up, angry and an irritatingly brooding man like him, as she had termed it.

'This attitude of yours is fascinating only for a while Ranveer. I cannot take it anymore. Will you ever be normal? I am no more a love-struck girl. I am your wife dammit who wants a normal husband. Your temper suffocates me and your silence kills me. Either you change yourself, else I don't know what will happen to us. There is a limit to the gloominess I can bear in my life,' she had yelled once.

God knows he had tried, a lot, to become the man she had wanted him to be, but apparently did not quite succeed looking at the juncture where he was standing right now in his life. Was it his fault that he did not have a cheerful disposition? Maybe. But he cannot help that. After his mother and father's death in a plane crash and his sister's subsequent suicide over a trivial love affair, his life was obviously not a happy one. His dadi sincerely tried to juggle between taking care of him and their huge business, but in the end, the need to keep up the business took priority and he was left to deal with his demons by himself. Not that his dadi did not love him, but finding out time for him had become difficult for her. And thus a recluse angry Ranveer had started taking shape. His peculiar traits which made him invincible in the world of business made him a loser in his personal life. And he knew that if a spunky girl like Kritika found it so difficult to live with him, then there was no hope for him.

Ex Mrs. Kritika Ranveer Singhania, now Miss Kritika Kapoor again, soon to be Mrs.Kritika Sanjay Poddar probably, he mused.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ranveer had no inclination to go to the office today. He just wanted to be alone, so he headed home. He decided to check on his dadi before going to his own room, only to bump into her physiotherapist at the door of her room. Anamika Shastri was his dadi's physiotherapist since last month as dadi had dislocated her kneecap due to a slip in the bathroom. She was also their long trusted manager Subhash Shastri's elder daughter.