Part 3 (Last)

As a hand snaked around her waist sometime in the night, Anamika's sleepy mind raised an alarm. She opened her drowsy eyelids rather swiftly to inspect the situation tilting her head back a little, only to find her husband sleeping peacefully spooned against her back. His face was very close to hers, so much so that she could feel the heat of his breath on the nape of her neck. Within a second she realized their rather 'peculiar' position and jumped out of his hold, or at least tried unsuccessfully, for his hold was possessively tight over her.

'What the hell happened to pillow wall?' her mind panicked and she squirmed using all her might in a hope to free herself, as much as her trembling senses were allowing her at that moment that is. But since she could not move much to inspect the status of pillow wall or the reason of her husband's body almost flush against her form, she decided to wake him up.

'Ranveer'. Listen. Ranveer. Wake up,' she squeaked. God this is going to be so embarrassing when he wakes up, but there is no other way.

When there was no reply she tried again, in almost a shouting whisper 'Ranveer. Wake up PLEASE. You are on my side of the bed'.

'Hmmm,' he drawled lazily.

'WAKE UP Ranveer. You came to my side to sleep. Where are the pillows?' she wriggled in order to wake him up, all the while trying to ignore the tingling around her midriff that his touch was creating.

'I am not asleep,' he whispered trying to still her.

'Thank God. Can you please move. How did ... WHAT?' Anamika grasped his words.

'I said I am not asleep' her husband confirmed, and in fact pulled her closer into his form, more snugly.

'Wh... Why?... You... You should m..move,' Anamika stammered, registering her husband's heart thumping against her spine.

'Un Hu,' Ranveer nuzzled his face into her hair, giving in to his long-standing desire.

Anamika gulped. What has gotten into him? He was okay at the time they had slept, what happened midway at midnight. 'Ok. Yeah.This is a dream? OUCH,' she pinched herself, yelped and got her answer.

'Happy Six Month Anniversary Wifey,' came a husky drawl along with a firm kiss on the crook of her neck.

Anamika's eyes snapped to the clock on the side table, and it was showing exact 12 AM. In spite of the obvious 'physical discomfort', a pretty smile dawned on her face.

This time she literally flung Ranveer's arm off her and turned to face him 'You remembered. WOW. I didn't even remember. Are we going to celebrate it?' she squealed making Ranveer smile.

'If you want to,' smiled Ranveer, pushing a few tendrils of her messy hair that was coming into her eyes, making her aware of the intimate position. He was lying no more than two inches away from her, and his hand was again resting on the side of her waist. She scooted backward with the intention of putting some distance between them, but his hold instantly tightened on her waist stopping her effectively.

Anamika looked startled into his eyes and found him looking at her very intently. 'Your turn,' he said, holding her gaze.

'Hu?' Anamika asked not getting his meaning, her mind busy dealing with the shivers his proximity and touch were creating in her body.

He kissed her forehead. 'You did not wish me,' he complained.

'Ha... Happy Ann... Anniversary,' she stuttered, making him smile lovingly.