Intro (kind of)

AN: this chapter will be a little intro to get you used to the characters and stuff, enjoyyy!

Third person POV
The house was silent. The only noises being the hum of cars driving on the streets and the faint sound of rain hitting of the windows. Rena lay awake in her bed staring and the almost non existent cracks in the ceiling, you could only see them if you looked for a long period of time. Rena knew soon enough her father would wake up out of his alcohol induced coma and bang on her door to get up for school, like her own personal alarm clock (even though it was a different time each morning.) As if on cue she heard the squeak of the old beaten up tan leather recliner and then the rapid knocking on her door, he hit it with enough force that she thought he would put yet another hole in it. "Yep I got it" she yelled, all she got was a grunt in response. Pulling on a grey sweatshirt to match her light blue acid-washed ripped jeans she quickly brushed her teeth, brushed her hair, and did her makeup. Her mother drove her to school trying to start up a conversation but failing miserably "I'm always here for you honey, you know that right? Anything you need to talk about, I'm here." "Yea mom, thanks.." Rena said as she jumped out of the car and made her was into hell- uh I mean school.

She strolled into home room to hear her friends Spears and Aspen arguing... again... about the same stupid subject. Soulmates. "He said that once I graduate I should go to College in his home town that was I can still go in for medicine AND we can live together" Aspen said  "we've been planing to go to the same college for 4 years, you just started speaking to him over the summer and you're just gonna leave all our plans behind?! Alec and I haven't even planned out what we want to do with our lives together and I've been speaking to him ever since I learned how to write!!" Spears argued back "guys this is the most idiotic argument I've ever heard. Why can't you both realize that not everything revolves around your soulmates?" Rena added with one eyebrow raised "right, I forgot you were such a Debby downer and can't let anyone have any happiness" Aspen snarked back "well sorry that I'd rather spend my time with people that I don't have to give myself ink poisoning just to say hello, but hey you do whatever you want sweetie" "bite me Rena" Aspen said through gritted teeth " language Aspen wouldn't wanna say something you'd regret now would you?" Rena added and Spears laughed. Everyone took their seats and soon class started.

TIME SKIP TO THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY

Rena had a long walk from the bus stop to her house. It was the only time where she could be totally calm. The smell of the fresh rain and dew filled her nose and nostrils and the sound of her feet stepping into the shallow puddles filled her ears, but the tranquillity was broken when she heard yelling coming from inside her house. Her father was going on about something that was completely irrelevant and nothing that her mother could control and her mother was just yelling because she could, there was no reason for any of their fights they just needed to yell at something but they always took it out on other people, she was just happy they didn't take it out on her this time. Rena went upstairs and began to sketch on her legs and thighs. A few hours later Rena went downstairs and put on some pasta because she knew that if she didn't she wouldn't eat.

TIME SKIP TO SUPPER AYEEE

Rena went upstairs to get her mom for supper but she wasn't there and neither was her father, guess she'll be eating alone tonight. Rena looked at the clock on her wall at saw that it was 2:47am and she decided to go to sleep but while she was brushing her teeth she saw blood dripping down her arm, but there was no cut so it must have been her soulmate, they've never spoken it was a forbidden rule that her father made a while ago when she came home with blood coming from her nose but with no cut, she had always wondered why they get hurt so much. "What an idiot" she said as she finished brushing her teeth and wiped the blood off her arm. Rena slowly got into bed and slowly fell into sleep

AN: I hope you liked this chapter it kinda sucked around the ending but it's 2am here and I'm really tired lol but comment suggestions ig ? Byeeeee