PROLOGUE

To my self who almost struggle and give up on writing, this is for you.

-

"President Neves, your inauguration will start at five in the afternoon, right after the official release of our new products. According to the report I received, all of the employees and Board of Directors, including the Chairman will attend and wait for your arrival."

From the documents I currently scanning, my gaze landed at the rear-view mirror of the car and then stared at him.

"What about the preparation? The maintenance and security for the event? Is everything set?" I asked.

"All fixed and ready, you don't have anything to worry about, President." Ziwon, my executive secretary quickly responded without glancing at me. He just continue driving like I was only existing in his world when I just asked an important questions.

Napatango na lamang ako at ibinaling nalang ang tingin sa aking relo. It's already three in the afternoon, one hour passed since we landed here in Manila. Although my one week business trip from Korea and Japan immediately established a great partnership between En Neves and their highest grossing food corporations, I can't deny the fact that I still have a long way to reach my goals.

I need to work harder and time shouldn't be wasted over nonsense dramas in life.

"Any appointments I need to attend aside from that?" I asked once again.

This time, he took a glimpse on me and sighed heavily.

"You have a golf meeting with the heir of Telavera---" I cut him off.

"Re-sched it and tell him that I have something important task to do. I almost forgot that I was gone for one week so obviously there's a tons of paperworks and documents needs to check and get signed."

"You're still not officially introduce as the new president of En Neves, yet you already taking the whole responsibility? I thought you are busy finishing your master's degree at Seattle and you just came back last month because of the urgent business trip that only you can deal."

Our eyes met midway at the rear mirror.

Napailing na lamang ako at inayos ang aking tie, then I answered him with blank expression. "I already graduated a month ago with Latin honors and I'm not going back to Seattle anymore unless I need to, if you're not aware." I corrected, "And after this inauguration, those loadworks, mistakes, and delays will be under my name. So I should finish reading those reports and create a quick feedbacks to ensure our stable management and profit. I've always done this kind of cycle for two years anyway, the only difference is that I'm now the official President. This time, I will became their boss and a role model, so I'll make a double effort to prove that I'm not just the Elder Neves they will wish to destroy." I added.