★ | 002. the wild brunch

Book: Bubblegum Bitch, Gossip Girl
Chapter 2: The Wild Brunch
Word Count: 2893

I bet you're wondering what Gossip Girl is doing up so early, truth is, I never went to bed

I bet you're wondering what Gossip Girl is doing up so early, truth is, I never went to bed. Why waste precious time dreaming when when waking life is so much better. Is there really anything better then a lazy Sunday, reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two? Yeah right.

We Upper East Siders don't do lazy. Breakfast is brunch and it comes with champagne, a dress code and a hundred of our closest friends... and enemies. Chuck's dad, Bart Bass, is hoisting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited.

Well, not everyone.
Gossip Girl

"Serena had better just stay away." Blair spoke spitefully. Candice giggled at the tone of her voice before taking a bite out of the strawberry she was holding. Blair was fun when she was revengeful. "Thank you, Dorota." Her tone instantly changed to nice as she addressed her maid who was cleaning up after them.

"Yeah, thanks."

"We love sleeping at Blairs."

Candice looked between Kati and Isabel and rolled her eyes. They were always such suck ups. She wished it had been just heart and Blair so she didn't have to deal with their annoying voices.

"I don't want to see Serena at school and she better not show up at brunch today." Blair hissed, looking over the outfit she was considering on wearing.

"Wow, you're really mad at Serena." Kati said, her and Isabel connecting their eyes as Isabel said, "yeah, I hope you never get that mad at us."

"Well, you would never do what Serena did." Blair snapped. Candice narrowed her eyes as she saw both Isabel and Kati shrugging.

"Oh, please. Given that chance, we all knew these two bitches would back stab you." Candice said bluntly, her pretty eyes narrowed in an angry glare. "No never!" Kati exclaimed. "Of course not!" Isabel said right after.

Candice just hummed at them, not one ounce of belief in her and they knew that. She didn't trust anyone, especially girls she knew were only trying to climb the social ladder. Candice brought another strawberry to her lips and smirked as she noticed Blair watching her. She decided to put on a little show, biting into the strawberry slowly with a seductive look in her eyes.

Blair knew what she was doing and quickly looked at her phone with a scowl. She didn't like it when Candice messed with her like that. "I wonder if Nate remembered brunch. It would be so wrong to show up without my boyfriend, who I love and who loves me."