Prolouge

---

Ever since Izuku was a child, he had always admired the Pro Heroes and his devotion for them even made him wish to become one like too.

His classmates back then already had their quirks and even though he's the only one whose quirk didn't appear yet, he didn't lose hope and instead he believed in his mother's words that he might be a late bloomer.

He ignored all the kid's insults and as a child himself, it was really hard.

Even his supposed 'best friend' seemed to grow rather violent after he discovered his quirk and he had become the other's main target for harassment.

Izuku had to brush these all off because somehow, he didn't give up not until the day his mother brought him to a doctor. The news he received was utterly devastating but all he felt was numbness like he already expected it.

He just couldn't accept it.

That was the day he gave up on being a hero even though his dear mother insisted that he can still save other people by being part of the police force.

Izuku would have denied it but his mother's heart-broken expression made him guilty. He reluctantly agreed just to ease his mother's suffering.

His lack of quirk already brought misery to their family.

Five years passed, Izuku continued with his life even though it seems that he felt like living is useless now. Like before, he's now used to his bullies--especially Katsuki--and their tormenting insults.

Everyday he had to endure those spiteful yet true words.

"Useless piece of thrash, what you gonna contribute to the society now that you're quirk-less?"

"What about your dream? You're quirk-less!"

"Why don't you just die?"

"Yeah, you're usless!"

"Quirk-less, Deku! Useless!"

It wasn't like he hated the people who had their quirks, it's just that life's unfair and besides, he hates himself more than anything else.

He burdened his mother with his uselessness and how he made her feel whenever he got near her.

His mother shouldn't feel guilty. It wasn't her fault why life's so unfair or that he's so useless.

Izuku couldn't take her expression anymore and one night after their dinner when he offered to clean the dishes, he tried to show her that he's not that upset and that he had accepted it by showing that he's not that useless.

His mother's tired eyes swelled up with tears as he went to hug her. He muttered reassurances and told her that he's not angry or disappointed that he didn't inherit any of his parents' quirks.

He did this not only to ease her but his heart too.

Izuku promised his mother that he'll still pursue his dream to help others. This ultimately delighted her and for once, he didn't feel useless.

It wasn't a year later when an accident changed everything.

Izuku's mother went out of their city to go visit his father. He can't recall the time he actually remembered him or the time he liked him.

He just knows that he hadn't showed his a** for a long time.

This thought passed through Izuku's mind as he went out of the house to go to the grocery. When he passed by an appliances store, he saw that the Televisions there where flashing emergency news regarding about a bombing that happened in a city's central mall.