☽ 4.1

jimin found that walking home was always one of his favourite parts of seeing yoongi. his big hands clutched his own, side firmly against yoongi's to prevent the slight chill of the wind getting too much to them both.

"listen, jimin," the younger hummed, glancing up in interest.

"i hope you didn't get the wrong idea from the pace i was taking when it came to... us," he waited for a reaction, however all jimin did was stare intently at his feet.

"i promise it had nothing to do with you, i just wanted to make sure that this time we were both sure. before we rushed into anything and ended up regretting ruining what would have been an amazing, uh, friendship," jimin watched as the elder grimaced at his own words.

"you see, not too long ago actually, i thought i had found someone. he was cheeky, arrogant and extremely forward but i was so clouded by his beauty i didn't even notice.

"we weren't dating, well i wouldn't call it dating after what happened. but i did assume that i was the only person he cared about, or wanted. turns out i was his side hoe.

"he didn't care about me, only what i could do for him. after his boyfriend walked in on us one day, he tried to justify everything; saying his boyfriend could never make him feel the way i did, calling me the most beautiful man he's ever come across.

"it was all bullshit ofcourse, and i got rid of him instantly. but i guess it's shitty experiences like that that makes you reevaluate your decisions and shit. i only wish i saw his boyfriends face before he walked out, atleast then i could have known who i helped betray you know? i don't know why i want to know, but yeah." yoongi sighed, finishing his story. jimin squeezed his hand tightly, his heart swelling at the pained look on his face.

"you know, my situation with my ex was weirdly similar. he was gorgeous and cocky and, although i'm questioning now whether it was ever love, i believed then that i had experienced love at first sight," jimin felt his fingers begin to shake and closed his fist tightly. yoongi must have felt this in the hand he was clutching and rubbed soothing patterns on the back.

"you don't have to tell me now. one day though, if you're rea-"

"i want you to know, i want to explain myself to myself if you understand. but you're right, maybe not today."

-

they had reached jimins apartment block and yoongi and swivelled so the pair were facing eachother. his cold finger reached to cup jimins cheeks as he placed his lips upon the younger's. it was sweet and long and jimin could have melted into it, following the others head when he eventually pulled away, tugging jimin into a warm embrace.

"are you sure about calling me your boyfriend, jimin?" yoongi mumbled into jimin's hair. jimin vigorously nodded, clutching him tighter.

"i've wanted to call you that for so long, you don't even know,"

"oh, i think i do know. i'll see you tomorrow?" he smiled, pecking his forehead and turning to walk in the direction of his home.

jimin's heart danced around his chest, fingertips reaching to touch where yoongis lips had just been.

his boyfriend.

-

[A/N sort of a filler <3 thank you for over 200 reads! hope you're enjoying the story so far💓]