♡9♡

♡Daniel's Pov♡

"Jack how do I look?" I ask for the hundredth time. I changed my outfit again finding that the plaid just didn't match with the jacket, and then the rips in the jeans didn't make me seem serious so now I'm in my Sunday best basically. Great, now I feel overdressed.

Today was the day that we had our interview with the adoption specialist. First impressions meant everything. Last night I had Jack and I give each other a pre-interview just to be totally prepared. Even with all this preparation and weeks of planning ahead for it I was still terrified.

"Daniel for the love of—"

"Jaaaack," I whine. "How do I look?" I fix my hair a little in the full body length mirror in our room and turn around to him.

"Babe you look amazing—"

"Yeah, yeah like I did the first time, and the second, and the fourth, and the one after the that, and so and so on." I say pulling off the stupid tie that was too tight and slumping down on the edge of the bed. I put my head in my hands and kept my face down. I was just so nervous.

"Daniel you're too tense right now, everything is going to be okay." Jack begins massaging my shoulders. "Whatever happened to 'we'd be perfect dads' huh?" He chuckles shaking my shoulders and bending down to look me in the eyes. I peek out from behind my hands.

"I'm done being dramatic now I guess." I say removing my hands from my face.

"Good," He gives me a quick chaste kiss to the lips. "Now lets go or we're going to be late." He pulls me up and straightens out my jacket. I quickly grab my keys and phone from the dresser and we head out.

After a fairly short drive we arrive at our designation. We enter the building hand in hand. It was really clean and quite inside making me even more nervous for some odd reason. The front desk was sort of a U shape with a bowl of candies and a stack of business cards sat on top and doors were on each side of it. In the center a blonde haired lady was typing at the same time as talking on the phone. To the furthest left was a waiting room area with chairs, a tv broadcasting the News channel, and complimentary magazines stacked in a neat pile on a coffee table beside a vase of fake sunflowers.

We approach the front desk where the receptionist was still on the phone. After standing patiently for a bit she rounded up her call and greeted us.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She asks politely.

"Uh we're here for our interview with Mrs.Rivera." I reply tapping my fingers against the wooden desk.

"Oh you two must be Mr. And Mr.Seavey-Avery, correct?" She says looking at something on her computer screen.

"That is correct." I smile rocking back and forth.

"Alright well it says here your appointment is at ten thirty, that's about five more minutes or so. Just have a seat in the waiting room and Mrs.Rivera will be right with you okay?" She pushes her reading glasses up from the tip of her nose, gesturing over to the seating area, as she turns to smile at us. We nod and make our way over to our seats still hand in hand. Jack takes a seat beside a fairly young brunette and I sit beside him.

"Hi, my name is Bella nice to meet you." The woman beside Jack says suddenly with a friendly smile. She extends her hand for him to shake which he eventually does.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Jack." He replied politely.

"I didn't want to come off as rude so I wanted to introduce myself first," She laughs. "But may I ask you a question?"