[ CHAPTER THREE ]

Damon was enjoying a much needed swig of bourbon when he heard a knock at the door.

In his head he was already slamming the door on whoever thought it was okay to be at his door without a good reason.

But on the outside he got up and walked to the door, swinging it open.

There she stood.

Katherine Pierce.

He couldn't lie, seeing her there – very much alive – made him happier than he'd been in a while.

But in a matter of seconds all the pain from finding out she wasn't in the tomb and had no interest in reuniting with him flooded back.

He frowned at the woman in front of him.

"Come on Damon, don't act like you aren't happy to see me." She said, pushing him inside before he could protest.

Her touch, having been a thing of the past for so long caught him off guard, but he didn't let himself dwell on it too long.

"We both know I have a ton of reasons to not be happy about your unfortunate return." He said with a scowl.

Katherine rolled her brown eyes. "We also both know that you have a ton of reasons to welcome me." She paused, "You know, 145 years is a lot of time to be in love with someone. You can't just stop now."

Damon looked away, even though he knew it'd give his true feelings away. He did know that. But despite his feelings for her, nothing could undo the drop his heart felt when he discovered where she'd really been all that time.

"What about you? You claimed to love me then left and didn't show until now. Why now?" He asked, not being able to help the softness in his voice.

The Pierce girl put a hand on her hip. "Trust me, it's not important. I had some things that needed to be done. What is important is that I'm back now." She moved closer to him looked into his eyes. "Tell me you missed me," she whispered.

As much as he wanted to, he stopped himself. After what she'd put him through, she didn't deserve anything but a punch in the face.

But he couldn't push himself to do that either.

"Don't you remember all of the things we've done?" She gave him a look.

"I told you, it doesn't matter-"

"It does." She interrupted him, "Damon, stop dwelling on that. What happened to the Damon who lived in the moment and didn't ask questions?"

He thought about this. As much as he hated what she'd put him through, how easy would it be to simply forget it all and start over...

No. his heart seemed to say to him If you give in she'll just hurt you all over again. And you might not be able to handle it a second time.

"No." He said out loud this time. "Katherine I can't."

The brown-haired vampire was annoyed. Why couldn't he just do what she said?

So she did the one thing he wouldn't be able to just walk away from.

"Yes Mr. Salvatore, you can." Damon was taken aback by her calling him what she used to. He gave her a look but before he could say anything she grabbed his arm and transported their minds back to the past.

[+]

The specific moment they were both seemingly reliving happened to be in Katherine's bedchamber. Damon knew he wasn't supposed to be there - especially after dark - but the longer the vampire girl stayed with them the more he realized he couldn't stay away.

He knocked as silently as he could as to not wake anyone in the house.

Katherine, being a vampire, knew he was coming already and said 'come in', quietly so only he could hear.

Despite wanting to see her, he was nervous. She made him sweat, even when she wasn't whispering innuendos or sneakily touching him, but it added to the thrill he got from being around her.

Damon slipped into the room and before he could fully close the door back she had his back against the nearest wall and was subtly holding him there.

He was more than surprised by this. They usually only did little things like a caress here, an embrace there. This was new.

And he wasn't complaining.

"You just cannot stay away." Katherine said with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"You make sure of that." He said with an excited grin.

"Why of course I do," She paused, "How else would I ensure that you'll come back?"

"I would come back either way." He told her adamantly.

"Oh?" Katherine raised an eyebrow.

"Of course. One would think I had a crush on you." He was telling her his feelings without being entirely direct, and he hoped she noticed.

She did, and she thought it was cute, though she didn't think she returned it.

But nevermind that; this new discovery could be used to both their advantages.

"Since you were brave enough to tell me your feelings, I think you should be rewarded."

Now it was Damon's turn to say: "Oh?"

Instead of answering him with words she moved in and pressed her lips to his.

He'd been trying to work up the courage to kiss her since he started liking her, but in his moment he was happy she'd done it first.

In fact, this entire predicament made him happy.

He'd been kissed before, but none of those compared to Katherine's.

She simply pecked at first but after he; thinking she was going to continue; leaned forward, she kissed him more passionately.

She tilted her head to make it more intimate and all of a sudden pushed her body closer to his. So close that their chests were touching.

Damon was hyperaware of this which caused him to kiss her fervently. She took the quicker kiss in stride and soon he had his arms around her, holding her against him.

After several much too short minutes Katherine pulled away with a lust-filled grin on her face.

He however, was breathless, and astonished by how affecting that kiss had been. He hadn't wanted it to end.

"How was that for a reward?" She questioned, accomplished.

He nodded, staring at her with desire "Blissful." It was the only word that even came close to how it felt.

[+]

2010 Damon jolted out of the memory. It had definitely thrown him for an unexpected loop. If she was trying to remind him of their, 'blissful' times together she was definitely succeeding. It messed with his head.

Some of the things he'd been feeling in the memory crossed over and he was now looking at Katherine with an entirely different expression.

"Was that enough or do you need a demonstration?" She asked with such a sultry tone and intense look that he, against his better judgment, grabbed her face and kissed her.

He meant for it to be quick but she quickly swept him into her embrace and made sure he couldn't stop it.

Thanks to Damon's pent up feelings and Katherine's want, things escalated and it wasn't long before Katherine had him against the wall all over again as their mouths damn near attacked each other.

Damon knew this probably wouldn't lead to anything good , especially for him, but he couldn't stop himself.

After all, he knew after they were done he wouldn't truly regret it.

[+]

i enjoyed this chapter  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)