jack

"jack, can i take this for a sec?" finn asked nervously. i reluctantly agreed, and allowed finn to slip into my place. i sat on the bleachers and looked around at all the people dancing happily. finn and olivia were out of sight and towards the middle of the dance floor, which made me slightly uncomfortable.
     i trust olivia.
     please don't give me a reason to not trust you, olivia.
     after about five minutes, an entire song, i decided to go take my place back. i walk to the area that finn and olivia were in. what i saw broke me.
     olivia leaned in and placed a soft kiss on finn's lips, and didnt pull away for a bit, i bit my lip. finn looked at her with wide eyes and then noticed me. she turned around and stared with a guilty expression. i squeezed my eyes shut and a tear slipped out.
this is not happening.
     i turned around and ran out of the gym. i sat on the floor next to a display case full of trophies. olivia followed me.
"jack i am so so sorry, i-i wasn't thinking." she stuttered. i could tell she was at a loss for words.
"don't apologize. i'm glad this happened. it proved how untrustworthy you are. i can't believe i ever trusted you. i'm glad this happened early so i didn't waste any more of my time on someone who doesn't care about me." i snapped. i didn't mean any of it. i don't know why i said that. her face scrunched up in anger.
"jack, we aren't even together. all you are is my date to a dance. you didn't even have the guts to ask me out." she retorted. i laughed angrily and looked away, "what's so funny?
i pulled out the small ring i had planned on giving olivia. attached to it was burlap tied onto a piece of paper. on the paper were these words:
dear olivia waller,
i know we haven't known each other long, trust me, i know. but another thing i know is that you are one of the most beautiful, sweetest people i've ever met. not to mention you're my first kiss. this school can be hell, and i'd love for you to be my partner in crime to help me survive the long days that take place here. olivia, will you be my girlfriend?
olivia's jaw dropped to the floor and she burst into tears. i rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.
"i guess it means nothing anymore." i muttered before ripping the note off the burlap and crumpling it into a ball. she continued to sob loudly, but i didn't care. i threw the ring onto the ground and walked away triumphantly.
----------------------------------------------
i forgot to post this yesterday i'm so so sorry. and i haven't finished the next part yet i'm falling so behind oof.

written on 1-3-17
published on 1-14-17