Normal Life?

After what I guessed was about ten minutes of staring at a random spot on my wall, watching as everything but the very spot got darker and fuzzier, I snapped back into reality. This happened to me a lot. I wouldn't even think. Even my hearing dulled and I was left with basically no thoughts, unable to remove myself from the spot.

Usually what shook me back into life was a loud or shrill sound, like an alarm clock buzzer or the microwave. This time, though, it was a voice in my head. It was strange, like a figment of my imagination was trying to wake me up. And I did.

I looked into the rectangular mirror on my dark wood and realized how dirty I was, so I stripped down and stepped into the warm water coming from the shower head. I came out dress hand new, and put on the first things that came out of my dresser. Then I grabbed the wooden hairbrush and dragged it through my hair, tuft by tuft, until there were no knots left to untangle. I flopped down on my bed.

I got up and decided to go over to the gym. I grabbed all my stuff and spent five minutes looking for my duffel bag when I found it tucked under my bed. I brought an ipod and headphones as well, I was feeling distant today. I plugged them in and put it on shuffle. The first song I got was Radioactive-Imagine Dragons. I smiled. This was my favorite song. I put on a blue teen ur kept my black three quarter sweatpants and walked out. My town was small, and I lived near everything important, so I didn't even bother with a car.

As I approached "Mill's Gym" the yellow and red letters were slightly faded and some of the paint had chipped away. I pushed open the door, but it didn't open. Realizing there was a sign that said "Pull" I mentally face palmed myself and pulled the door. When I walked in, I saw Andrew sitting down on a bench, a towel around his neck, as he drank from the water bottle. When I walked in, he didn't pay much attention to me. Usually he'd wave of something, but this time I just saw his eyes pause on me for less than a second. I walked over, and when I was about five feet away and a second from calling his name, I was confused by his reaction. His eyes popped, and his jaw dropped.

That's when I realized I had never checked how long I was in the hospital for. He finally managed to speak.

"S..Sierra? Is that really you?" Without even speaking, I pushed the strands of messy hair out of my face, revealing my unmistakeable eyes.

"I..i..how?" I was just about as confused as he was, apparently. What did that greedy doctor keep from me?

"I don't understand...what happened?" I said. He was still shocked, but now was a bit concerned

"Nobody even told you?" I shook my head eagerly, wondering what possibly could have happened.

"You..you were dead. They told us that your heart just stopped for about 7 hours. On the 7th hour, without them even doing anything yet, your heart started again. But you were in a coma for a while..." his voice trailed off.

"Andrew, how long was I in that hospital?" I asked. he looked at me in dismay.

"You were out for an entire year, Sierra."

I froze. I was unable to react. A year? An entire year was devoted to my in a coma?

_____________________

Shhh I know it's short but suspense and stuff woooo yay