College.

One word. Thousands of possibilities.

I got my acceptance letter on the same day that my cat died. But not the same year. She died four years ago. She was like a sister to me. I had always wanted a sister, but all I have is an older brother, Theodor. Three years older than me, but he can't compare to me in any way.

But, I'm going to college! College! I would same to my mom and dad that I would always go to Harvard Business School and here I am actually doing it!

My dad went to Harvard for two years and then dropped out to start his own company. When he told his parents, they flipped out. But, they weren't the ones to beat him over it. Elena.

My mom was helping me pack and get ready for the trip to Boston. I don't understand why she's so worried.

"I need you to be carful. Boston has the third highest population of gho-"

"Mom! I know! It is perfect though. I mean, wanting to become a GI and in Boston, I have to get used to it. And besides, ghouls are no where near Harvard's campus. And they aren't even allowed to apply. Which is not right but..." I just shrugged grabbing my boxer briefs and five pairs of VS underwear and shoving them into my suitcase.

She just shook her head and continued to help me pack.

"You know you don't have to do all of the time you've signed up for, right?" My dad said walking into my room with three champagne flutes. "Knowing you, I know you will do well no matter what." He gave me a loving dad smile.

"Yeah, I know dad. I mean I've heard of this one guy who dropped out, and he didn't do too shittily." I smiled back at him and grabbed a flute.

"To yet anouther Grey in Harvard!" My dad chimed, my mother and I said the same phrase together and we cheers our glasses. I hummed with gratitude. Hmm, my favourite.

"Bollinger?" Mom asks with shock while looking at the slightly pink liquid in the glass. My father just nods and winks at her. I roll my eyes knowing the story behind this champagne, but I just keep to my self.

I was so ready to get out of my parents house and go to college. It's not that I hated my mother and father, it's just that I'm 20 and ready to try living on my own for a while. Ready to do my own thing, ready to be my own person. Ready to meet someone, too. I shook my head. Not yet. Not ever yet.

Taylor walked in with Gail, his wife and the 'maid' of the house. They came to wish me goodbye and good luck. I would miss the both of them. I knew that my dad wanted me to take body guard to Harvard with me, but I convinced him that doing that would not be a good idea.

I gave Taylor a big hug and kissed his cheek. I hugged Gail too and she looked at me, holding me arms length away. I'm going to miss these two.

But, I'm off to college. It's not like I'll never come home again.

WHEN I HOPPED ON to the plane, I was trying not to loose it. Taylor, Gail, Mom, Dad, even Theo, came to say bye to me as I boarded. Theo was on the west coast. He was in Stanford, but he flew to see me off. Fuck I'm going to miss him too.

I got my window seat. As the plane pulled away from the terrminal, I saw everyone waving at me. I waved back, letting out a short laugh. It must have sounded like a sob, the man next to me wordlessly gave me a handkerchief. I mouthed a 'thank you' but didn't make a sound.

Keep it together Ella. It's not on the other side of the world.

No it wasn't, but it was on the other side of the country. But, I can come home anytime I want. My father made that rather clear.

"I can't wait to get home." I whispered looking out the window and plugged in my earbuds to my phone. I choose a playlist and just let the music take me anywhere. Anywhere that is new.

I let a smile onto my face. I'm sure I can handle it, repeated in my mind.