Chapter 8

"Are you sure this will work?" Veronica asked hesitantly, sitting on the plastic white chair with her legs crossed as music played in the background along with the sound of the bubbles in the hot tub behind us.

"Of course it'll work." I reassured my sister as I stood in front of her with a towel wrapped around my body. I glanced around us, my eyes glazing over the clear blue pool, "Guys like Chuck only want one thing, and we've offered him three." I hinted at Betty, who was changing into her swimsuit inside as we spoke.

She cracked a smile before leaning over and grabbing my hand, "Thank you, Trinity. For sticking by my side through all of this."

"Of course, V. You're my sister." I squeezed her hand before there was a knock on one of the doors that kept us inside the outside pool house. "Looks like our guest is here." I cracked a smile, breaking away from Veronica and walking over to the sliding doors.

I opened it slowly, revealing Chuck who had a mischievous smiled played out on his face, "Trinity Lodge. Didn't think I was your type." He commented.

I mentally rolled my eyes in disgust at him but kept a flirtatious smile on the outside, taking a deep breath and remembering why I was here in the first place, "Think again." I winked before grabbing his hand, guiding him inside the pool house.

His deep brown eyes wandered before he smiled, "Nice."

"Isn't it?" Veronica stood up from the chair with a smile. I watched in disgust as Chuck looked my sister up and down, practically undressing her with his eyes.

I replaced it with a plastic smile, stepping in front of Chuck and removing the towel that was wrapped around my body, revealing the dark blue two-piece I wore underneath, "Come on, let's get wet." 

I turned around, walking away from him with a roll of my eyes as Veronica laughed, interlacing her hand with mine as we walked over to the hot tub, getting in slowly, "Oh, come on. Don't tell me you're shy." I smirked with a tilt of my head.

Chuck stood there, speechless before he began to stutter, "Oh no, I-I'm not. Trust me." He licked his lips before glancing around, "Shouldn't we wait for Betty to get here first?"

Just then, the door inside the pool house clicked open, as if on cue, as Betty walked out.

My mouth dropped slightly, in shock, when I saw Betty strut out confidently in a lace black top and a tight black skirt wearing a short black wig with a dark red lipstick on her lips.

Betty stopped once she reached us, her blue eyes not once leaving Chuck, "Betty couldn't make it." She spoke lowly, "So she sent me instead."

I glanced over to Veronica who was just as surprised and caught off guard as I was.

...

"What is that?" I asked Betty with furrowed brows as the two of us were separated from Veronica and Chuck, who were still in the hot tub together, at the bar. She had poured some sort of substance into the drink I was making for Chuck.

"Muscle relaxer." She answered shortly as I watched her manicured fingers open the pill, letting the powder flow in. "Mix it with booze and it lowers your inhibitions. Hello, truth serum."

I looked at her hesitantly. Not only was this not apart of the plan, but neither was her sudden personality take over with this cabaret wig. "Maybe we should slow it down a little." I suggested.

"It's fine." Betty said seriously, her blue eyes locking with mine in an intimidating manor. She quickly mixed it before grabbing the drink and turning to Chuck, "Right, Chuck?" She asked the boy who was sitting in the hot tub with Veronica with a big smile that hadn't left his face since he arrived.