Prologue

Zina POV:

I looked out the window of the rebel's u-wing and thought of what I would say to my parents. How do you tell the parents who threw you out at age four that you've become a part of one of the most famous families in the galaxy? How do you tell them you've given up every piece of your name that was ever theirs? What did I even want from them? I'd entertained the idea of reconnecting, but now, I wasn't sure I wanted to.

"We're landing in the forest not far from the town. It will help with concealment. You both will have to walk," the pilot called. I'm ready, it's going to be fine. As the ship landed, the door slid open and I slipped out with my escort, Morgan Porter. The planet was mostly forested so, with it being late in the night, crickets were easily heard. From the lights, I could see in the sky the town was close.

The walk was relatively uneventful, but when we arrived, the town center was filled with stormtroopers. Because Morgan was a known rebel, I went ahead and walked in the shadows to avoid being seen and taken for a rebel spy.

I neared my former house and noticed the house was strangely quiet. As I stood there, I noticed the same about the rest of the square. I gently pushed open the door and peeked inside. No one here. Strange. I pressed on. Perhaps they were in the back of the house.

I looked in every room adjoining the main room. Nothing. Determined as I was, I spun around to go back through the door and ran right into someone. I felt something tighten around my throat, and I reached up to grab it, but nothing was there. My feet were now a foot off the ground. I was quickly losing consciousness.

"Who are you?" the man asked.

The room was dark, so I couldn't see the face of the man right in front of me. He was tall and I almost reached his eye level when I was off the ground.

"Let me go and I will tell you," I gasped.

He dropped me, and I fell to my knees, gasping for breath.

"Zina," I said, finding my voice. "And who are you, might I ask? And why are you at my parent's house?".

The man hesitated before he spoke.

"No one of consequence."

Kylo POV:

She stood again supporting herself against the wall.

"Sir, the troops are ready to pull out."

I spun around.

"Tell them to load up, we're getting out of this wretched place."

I turned back to Zina. Oh, how I had missed her. How long had it been? Seven years.. I waved my hand in front of her face and the last thing she felt was her feet leaving the ground.

I carried her into my shuttle and laid her down on a bench. She shouldn't know who I am, not now.

--

Hey guys,
Hope you liked it.
This is my first attempt at writing a Star Wars fan fiction.
Please comment, I love seeing those.

I will make sure to update on a regular basisIt's a little hard with summer, and school, so forgive me if I am late updating.☺