{8} I Must Make Haste

Don't you sometimes have that feeling that you miss someone that one time and that you just want that they disappear the other time? That's what I have now. A few days ago I didn't want to see my father and now I miss him and regret it that I didn't visit him that day, even though he wasn't in the Hokage Office. But now, it's been a few days since I have been discharged from the hospital and I haven't seen him since that day.

"Hey guys, do you have any plans for today?," Inojin asked. "Huh? Why are you asking?," Shikadai asked. "It is because my mother invited you to have dinner at my home," Inojin said. "I first need to ask my father," Shikadai said. "Me too," Metal said. "I'm going to visit my father today," I said. "How late do you want to meet?". "At six," Inojin said. "Then I'm coming... I think...," I said. "Boruto, what's up?," Sarada asked. "I just miss my father, that's it," I said. "I never saw my father and I don't cry about it," Sarada said and looked away. "It's different," I said. "I just can't get used to it, you know". "Hmph, whatever," Sarada said and walked back to her seat. "Sheesh, what is her problem?," I asked and sighed. I stood up and ran out of class.

I opened the gate of the school and saw a shadow of a person. "Hello?," I asked. "Who are you?". The suspicious person got closer. "Who are you?," I asked again. "Look, buddy. I only want to know who you are. Nothing is going to happen if you tell me".  

No reply. "Well, if you really want to, it needs to go on this way, you damned freak!," I shouted and attacked the shadow. 

"Where is he? Boruto!".

"Shikadai?" .

"What are you doing?! You're not allowed to wander on the schoolyard while lessons are...". "Sorry, Shikadai...," I said. " What are you doing? What is happening?!," Shikadai shouted. "Help me out and I'll play Shogi with you. This shadow is... very strange and wants to attack the school!," I said. "All right, here goes...".

Slowly more of our classmates were arriving. "I can't take it anymore, Shikadai". "Me neither, Boruto". "Boruto, Shikadai! Get back here at once!," we heard Sarada shouting. "You are injured, and if you go on you need to get to the hospital!". "First help us out, will you?," I asked. Sarada sighed.

"Leaf Hurricane Attack!". Metal kicked the enemy in his face. We chuckled. "Way to go, Metal!," Iwabe said. "But we're not done yet. Earth Style: Mud Wall!". A giant wall of stone appeared. "Shikadai and Boruto, escape to safety and let Sarada heal you. It's for your own sake. Let us do the rest". "B-but Iwabe, I...," I stuttered. "Boruto, listen to me! This is the only way you can prevent getting more hurt than you already am!," Iwabe shouted. "Don't you trust us?". "Boruto". I looked behind me and saw Sarada and Shikadai waiting for me. "Let's go". He reached his hand out to me.

"Alright!"

Iwabe released the jutsu and attacked. "Alright! Thank you Iwabe! Thank you, guys!," I said and ran back to school. "Wait, Boruto!". "Something wrong?," I asked. "No. But I just wanted to tell that it's no problem! You Always help us out, so we do the same," Iwabe said. I smiled.

"So reckless," Sarada said when we headed inside. "Shut up! Is it my fault he wanted to attack the school with paper bombs and other dangerous things?!," I asked. "He has a point there, Sarada," Shikadai said. "Suuure," Sarada said and started healing me.

"But still, who do you think it is?," Shikadai asked. "An intruder, that must be it," I said. "Why would an intruder come to Hidden Leaf if we don't have anything special here?," Sarada asked. "I honestly do not know that, Sarada," I said. "But it seems he wants something from us". "Maybe kill us?," Shikadai asked. "What for retarded person would attack a school just to kill innocent children?," Sarada asked and we laughed. "A very retarded person, yes," Shikadai said. "Hey, Sarada, will you please be a bit faster, I'm feeling rough". "I just need a bit more time for Boruto," Sarada said and I smiled. "If I die, it will be your fault," Shikadai said and leaned back.

"We made it... he is... alive?!," Denki asked. "How could this be? Inojin stabbed this kunai right in his heart and yet, he is still alive," ChoCho said. "But he still has 7 minutes of brain activity left". Shikadai walked to the shadow and pulled the kunai out of his body. "How do you know that?," Inojin asked. "A lot of information from books," Shikadai said. The shadow tried to stand up but failed miserably many times. "Are you okay?," Metal asked as a joke and we giggled. "You children... damn you... damn all of you!". "And he can still talk!," ChoCho said. "Think of the 7 minutes brain activity!," Shikadai said. "Curse all of you... and least but not all... screw you and your father... Boruto Uzumaki...". "Huh? So you know who I am, then? Marvelous!," I said. "It isn't marvelous, Boruto. He knows who you are and probably knows where you live too. You're Lucky that he never appeared or else your little sister and you could have been gone already," Sarada said. "Yeah, yeah...". "Hey, wait! Wait! Wait!". Sumire tried to stop him by throwing kunais and shurikens. "Where are you going? We are not done with you, yet! First tell us who you are, what you are doing here and how you know Boruto!," Wasabi said. "Yeah!". "Hah, pathetic children... you are so sad...," the shadow said and threw paper bombs on the floor before our feet. "One step and you will die a very sad death...".

"I retreat. I must make haste, but soon or later, I'll be back".