The Meeting of Two Complete Strangers

"Uh.. hey."

Bee hears footsteps coming up from behind her. The grocery bags she was carrying was suddenly taken away from her hands.

"I'll walk you home if you don't mind it." The person says. She instantly recognizes it as the guy that she crashed into from before. She blinks her eyes a few times; unable to see him very well, but she could vaguely make out his figure.

"It's me, uh.. the guy you bumped into earlier," he says but Bee notices in his voice that he quickly panics to correct his sentence, "I mean, I bumped into you. It was my fault that I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. Sorry" He mumbles the last bit, and Bee can already imagine him mentally cursing at himself at the moment.

Bee giggles at him.

"And do you have a name, guy I bumped into?"

"Jimin. Park Jimin." He answers.

"Hm. And the blonde guy? What was his name?" She asks. Jimin was about to answer right away only until he realised something suspicious about her.

"If you want to walk me home , it's this way" she says as her walking stick leads them the way. Jimin looks at her with confusion; narrowing his eyes at her. There was something fishy about her, no doubt.

If she was blind, then how did she know that Taehyung's hair was blonde? It was a pretty stupid colour on Taehung's head he thought, but not really hard to miss, unless you were blind. And how did she even know her way home?

"Hey!" Bee hears him call out to her. She turns around to face him and she hears him stomp angrily towards her. "Are you playing a joke on me right now?" He yells at her.

Bee examines his face closely. It was a bit cloudy; not like she could see clearly anyway. Despite that, the most noticeable part of his face was his furrowing eyebrows.

"Joke? I'm.. not?" Bee is slightly confused with his statement.

"It's not funny! You're not at all blind, are you?" Jimin raises his voice at her, but once he looks straight into her eyes, he starts doubting himself this time.

Somehow he knew that she could see him but then her eyes, the way they looked at him were almost as if they were vacant.

"You aren't blind... are you?" He asks, the question directed mostly to himself.

Her lips perked up into a smile and when Jimin saw this, his stomach felt a light flutter. He decides to ignore the feeling and waits for an answer from her. Bee turns and continues walking, whether he wanted to walk her home or not was entirely his own choice; but soon after, she hears the familiar footsteps catch up from behind her.

"I'll- I'll just shut up and walk you home." He says out loud and lowers his head. He still was curious about her yet he didn't want to be rude if she really was what he thought she was. Besides, it did dawn on him that she was just a stranger that he had met just a few minutes ago.

Halfway through the journey to her place was really quiet. Neither of them spoke a word and Bee would occasionally hear him curse to himself, which she found to be quite funny- and just a tad bit cute.

"I can see, you know." Bee suddenly says, which makes Jimin stop in his tracks.

"So.. I was right?" He says as he starts walking again, easily catching up to her.

"It's a condition called Cone Dystrophy"

"Co- C- what?" He stutters on the difficult medical term.

"I can see, but my vision is limited. That's why I need this." She shows him her walking stick. "My eyes get really sensitive to light, so it hurts sometimes."

Jimin swallows hard on his saliva because now he feels more guilty than before.

"So to answer your question, whether I'm really blind or not; there's actually a big probability that I will grow fully blind."

Jimin stops in his tracks and looks down at Bee. She does the same and looks right up at him.

"What?" She asks. Though they both just met, Bee seemed to grow quite fond of Jimin. She smiles up at him again and pats his shoulder to comfort him. He looks down at her hand that was patting his shoulder, then he looks back at her. He had never seen someone so optimistic about their lives before, except for Taehyung of course but only because Taehyung was weird, so it didn't count.

"You know what?" Bee suddenly says and he looks back at her again. "I like you." She smiles, earning a raised eyebrow from the taller man.

"You're not like other people I've met. Because of my disability, they would usually perceive me as weak and that I should be pitied." She says, "I like you because... you're so honest. Oh and funny too." She giggles again, and Jimin gets the same fluttery feeling as before. "So don't be too hard on yourself."

Jimin doesn't know whether all the things she said were just words to make him feel better about him being mean to her. He doesn't say anything in return, instead he just stares down at her

"Jimin?" She says just to reconfirm his name and he nods his head; only them remembering that she couldn't see really well, so he repeats his name for her.

"Park Jimin." He corrects her.

She stops and takes her bag of groceries from his hand, thanking him with a big smile.

"Thank you Jimin, for walking me back home." She thanks him. Jimin looks up at the building behind her. It was an apartment, apparently not far from where he stayed.

"Can you-" he started to sprak, but she quickly cuts off his words.

"I'll be fine. I can manage." She smiles at him again and turns to head into the building.

Jimin silently watches her as she carefully makes her way up the steps until she reaches the door; until he remembers to ask her one last thing.

"Hey!" He calls out.

Having lost one of her senses had made her other senses more sensitive, so his was clear and familIar to her now.

"Yes, Jimin?"

Butterflies fluttered in his stomach again after hearing her call out his name so cheerfully. This was oddly weird to him because they had only just met. Not like they had a good start to begin with, but Jimin- was already feeling like this.

"What's your name?" He asks confidently, trying his best not to sound too nervous.

From the distance, Bee couldn't really see his face anymore, but she could seethe figure of his body. His long legs, broad torso and black hair. That was as much as she could remember for now.

"I'll tell you if we meet again." She gives him a cheeky smile, amused with the dejected look on his face, quietly closing the door behind her.

090118 @12.08 AM
A/N:
Taehyung is actually gorgeous with blonde hair.
And cone dystrophy is a real condition. Go ahead and ask Mr.Google.