V

I wake up on another hard surface, only this isn't concrete and I'm tucked into thin sheets. I open my eyes to reveal the pink nightmare that is "my room". 

I sit up to find a bandage wrapped around my head and someone sitting at the foot of my bed. My blurred vision adjusts to fully see the Doll Master.

"Sleep Barbie, you are unwell," He kisses my forehead and leaves. His chapped lips feel like spikes on my fragile skin. I let my dreams take me far, far away from this horrid place.

~

It's now been a few days since my isolation punishment ended. I still feel weak and I am not dancing on hot coals, life returned to sort of normalcy. 

Well, as normal as life can be trapped in a dollhouse and living as a life-sized doll. Nonetheless, I fall into a routine. One day after I hear the click of a lock and I know for sure that the Doll Master has left for the afternoon, I rush into the study to find Anne's journal. I have to be quick because I know he'll be back soon and I'm supposed to be resting.

I quickly identify the brown hardcover book and I pull it off the shelf eagerly. I flip to where I left off last time when she was about to outline her escape plan. It's the last entry so maybe it worked?

I will seduce him. I know he wants me to comply with his romantic advances, but I have always run away. I will give in next time and afterward I will steal his spare key and he won't suspect a thing. When he does I will use the key to free myself.

All I need to do is steal the key just like Anne and I will be freed. I can't bring myself to seduce him and give in to him. I will not stoop so low as to sleep with such a disgusting human being. Instead, I will employ a different method with similar themes to Anne's plan. 

It's perfect. 

I remember Anne saying that whenever he wanted to bring her into isolation to punish her, he would put a sedative in her drink to knock her out. That's what happened to me too. 

I will somehow switch our drinks at dinner, leaving him sedated as I make my grand escape. His two guards will have already gone home at this point, leaving me the opportunity to escape. Now all I have to do is get him angry enough to want to throw me back in isolation.

This shouldn't be too hard.

When he got back that day, I already prepared myself to greet him. I stood innocently at the door, wearing the way-too-short mini skirt and tall white leather knee-high boots that I hate. They're too shiny and the heels on them are as tall as sky scrapers. 

When I hear his footsteps approaching outside, I start tugging on the front door, screaming for it to open already and supposedly stop once I hear the jingle of keys. I pretend to flee up the stairs but the doors open quickly, revealing a furious Doll Master.

"What are you doing out of bed? How dare you disobey me after all I've done for you!"

I gulp back my fear. I stand frozen like a statue as he approaches.

"And trying to escape no less?"

"S-sorry master, I..."

"I don't want to hear it," he cuts me off with his snake of a tongue, "Do you wish to return to isolation? You hardly made it a week in there. Would you like to remain there for a whole month?"

"I..."

"What did I say about talking back?" He seethes. 

"I'm s-sorry, sir." I stumble backwards.

"Well sometimes sorry's not good enough." 

He locks the door after letting his two goons out for the night and then pushes past me in a huff. On the outside, I'm crying but on the inside, I'm smirking. Things are going perfectly according to plan.

~

At dinner, I sit at my place across from the Doll Master. He sits in a constant huff as he watches me. I press my drinking glass up to my lips and pretend to take a sip, but my lips are actually sealed. 

Glass in hand, I catch his gaze and I walk over to him, setting my glass down next to his.

"What's wrong, Doll Master?" I sit on his lap. He looks up at me curiously but doesn't say a word.

"Barbie is so sorry for upsetting you earlier. How can she make things better?" I pout while caressing his chest.

"This isn't gonna work, Barbie. You're wasting your time." He asserts through gritted teeth. I can tell my plan is working as I can see him start to sweat and his heart rate pick up.

"What on earth are you talking about?" I raise my voice, sounding innocent as my thumb traces his jawline. "I just want to get closer with my Doll Master..." 

"I've changed my mind about your punishment tonight Barbie,"

"Yeah?" I say, my hands moving to unbutton his shirt. His face contorts into a sort of smile. He cups my chin and forces me to look at him in the eyes. I press a kiss to his lips, providing a distraction as I switch my drink with his.

His lips are disgusting. He kisses like a dog. Not only are they chapped, but his breath reeks. Has he even heard of a toothbrush or a mint? I fight off the urge to gag. I slowly pull away, a sultry smile playing on my lips. I have to keep reminding myself to keep up the act.

"I knew you'd come around, Barbie. Now life will be so much easier for the two of us. That is, after your punishment you know," he smiles devilishly, snaking his arms around my waist.

I feign innocence, "Punishment?"

"Yes, dear. Tonight's punishment will be quite different than the others. You'll be passed out though. You won't remember a thing. When you wake up covered in bruises you'll know not to defy me again," He assures me as a matter of factly.

I pretend to not understand and I nod like a bobblehead with a plastered smile.

"Now drink up, my sweet doll," he kisses my neck as he hands me my drink. I sip it happily as it washes the taste of him away. I hand him his glass and he guzzles it down. The look of content on his face obviously indicates that he thinks that I am not cognizant of the sedative. The plan has been set into motion.

Within minutes he falls asleep, allowing me to steal his key from inside his coat pocket. I carefully get off his lap and I quickly go upstairs to grab my already packed bag. Inside I have a jacket, a flashlight, and Anne's journal. Then I sprint to the forbidden door. I unlock it with shaking hands.

The chill December air caresses my skin. While it feels so nice to be outside again, it's really cold. I run as fast as I can into the forest, not looking back for fear he's awoken.

I run for what feels like hours in these wedged boots. It's a rather painful endeavor, but my adrenaline numbs the pain. Soon I come upon a road. It's in the middle of the night so there are very few cars are on the road. The ones that do pass by don't stop to help me. I take matters into my own hands.

Upon seeing a white Honda SUV in the distance, I jump into the road with my hands up telling the car to stop. This car might run me over but anything is better than being stranded in the middle of nowhere in the cold. I'd rather die than go back to the Doll Master.
To my surprise, or I guess actually the driver's surprise, the vehicle stops, and the driver stares at me in horror. I run over to his window.

"Please help me, sir! I was abducted by a man and I don't know where I am!"

He rolls down the window and tells me to get in the car. Not learning my lesson not to trust strangers, I hop in his front seat and tell him to floor it away from this place.

The car ride to the police station is a few hours long. We are literally in the middle of nowhere. I also use his phone to dial 911. I can now sit back and relax in my seat. I've been saved. I'm finally safe.