Chapter 18- Summer Nights

My knuckles had turned white from the tight grip I had on the steering wheel, my convertible speeding down the strangely empty motorways like a bullet of light, a vehicle of lust. I had my answer and I wasn't going to let the beautiful woman sitting beside me slip out of my fingertips. 

I gave Carmen a quick glance. She was staring quietly ahead towards the shining stars and darkening road. Neither of us said a word but the silence was completely necessary. The lust in her innocent, emerald eyes as we finished dancing previously had made me lose control: I had kissed her senseless in the middle of the outside arena. I couldn't keep my hands off her and soon enough we had made a hasty exit, too full of desire to stay for the rest of our date. 

I knew she was going to become a sort of drug of mine, my colourful pills and white lines of pale snow all in one tempting body, and therefore it was obvious to me that I wouldn't be able to just get rid of her like I did with most girls. If it was this easy for me, let alone my human half, to become as obsessed with her as I already was, then it was likely that she would be another full-time addiction. And like with my other full-time addictions, I didn't mind. 

She must have sensed that I was looking at her because she turned her head towards me and met my gaze full-on. Her beautiful, lush-green eyes stared at me with a bold, desire-filled intensity that I had never seen before and I was suddenly taken aback. She wanted this, she wanted this bad, and any thoughts of doubt I guessed she had previously must have vanished into thin air. This was happening and there was no turning back now.

And, I had to admit, the sheer amount of lust that was darkening her irises was a massive turn on for me. I forced myself to tear my gaze away and actually focus on the road ahead, so that I didn't ruin my precious car and this whole night in the process. It would be my luck for an accident to happen right before things got good. 

When we finally arrived at the apartment block I parked the car in the basement garage and opened Carmen's door, wrapping a possessive arm around her and pulling her close to my chest after she stepped out. I guided her towards the lift and pressed the button, waiting for the metal machine that was nowhere near the speed of the elevators of Hell or Luogo Del Diavolo. 

I had been too busy to even think about going to my favourite bar of possessed women and their possessors, however. Because of Mrs Robbins' interference I'd spent my week drilling my mind for a solution and had finally come up with the obvious idea to actually visit the mafia. So tomorrow I was meeting up with Spence, the guy who I'd saved from Maximus and was now quite good friends with, to see what was going on. 

Spence and I had a mutually beneficial relationship: he was high up in the mafia so I was trusted and admired by many; whilst I had become a substantial and reliable investor into the business. The friendship wasn't as fake as it sounded, however. When mafia men made connections, they kept them good because they didn't make many: it was a lonely business and a lonely life when there was no one to trust around. Spence had told me a lot about the stuff he had done and I was the only one who wasn't a prejudiced bastard about it all, because I had done the same, if not worse. And that was why we got on so well. We understood each other. 

However he didn't know about the whole demon thing and that was where the wave of friendship hit the sea wall. I knew he was going to Hell and there was nothing I could do to save him so I didn't stay attached, and therefore recently we had drifted apart for good reason. I didn't want to think of that guy burning in the pits like I did every time I saw him. 

The lift finally arrived- completely empty- which was good because I had no interest in socialising right now, and I pressed the button to the the penthouse. I was expecting a sarcastic comment from Carmen at the choice, but instead she stayed silent, subdued, which was not what I wanted. 

The moment the doors closed the atmosphere around us suddenly changed, sexual tension crackling with electrical bolts of desire. Subconsciously Carmen and I had changed positions so that instead of her head being burrowed into my chest, she was facing me, her body close but not enough. The confined space was making everything worse and my self-control was taking a massive hit to the face, barely managing to hold on. Her scent was drifting upwards towards me, her beautiful eyes were fluttering emerald at me, her lips were beckoning, her body close, heart beating...I couldn't stop myself. 

Pulling her figure toward me, I crushed my lips onto hers. She gasped as I kissed her hard and fast, slipping my tongue into her mouth to really get a feel of her. She returned the passion and vigour pretty quickly and wrapped her arms around me, and I lifted her up so that she was straddling my waist. Now she was at eye level, she ran her fingertips through my hair, massaging my scalp as my hands grasped and squeezed her peachy arse. 

We both drew back for air but I didn't stop there. I started to lay kisses along her neck and down to her shoulders and collarbones, my hands roaming up and down her body like a starving man long deprived of food. She was also laying her petal-like lips on my skin and I was getting more and more aroused by the second. I knew we were both going to have bruises when tomorrow came but I didn't give a damn. 

The lift door opened and I walked out with Carmen still straddling my waist, fumbling for the keys in my pocket as we continued to kiss. I opened the door and slammed it behind us, chucking my keys to a table nearby and meeting her lips once again. She pushed my blazer off my shoulders and it fell to the floor as I continued to move her towards the bedroom. I found the zip on the back of her red dress and pulled it down so that I could feel the cool, smooth skin underneath. She had undone my tie and was working on my shirt buttons when her dress fell to her feet and she was only left in her bra and underwear. 

I stopped for a second. Her body was too damn beautiful and tempting for its own good, her gorgeous curves teasing me in the late evening light. I couldn't take this anymore. 

I lifted her up and threw her over my shoulder, walking with determined strides to my bed with dark, silky sheets that I knew she would look absolutely amazing on. She let out a breathless giggle but I couldn't find it in me to feel any kind of amusement at the situation: I was too impatient to make her mine.  

I tossed her gently onto the mattress and she laughed again, emerald eyes glittering with mirth as she continued to toy with me with her barely-clad body. I took my shirt off and threw away my belt, sending her a dark look that clearly told her she was going to pay for her mocking as I stripped. Her laughter stopped almost immediately and that delicious shade of red filled her cheeks once again, lust consuming her gaze as she stared at my naked body. 

I smirked and climbed on top of her, giving her lips a bruising kiss before moving downwards as her hands ran up and down my bare back. I reached her chest area, which by now was rapidly rising and falling in anticipation of what was to come, and savagely ripped her bra away from her breasts with my teeth. 

She let out a gasp of surprise and for a moment I lifted my head and met her heady gaze. I looked at her for a final reassurance that she wanted this to happen, that she was okay with me taking it to the next level. I just prayed she didn't say no now. I couldn't survive if she said no now. 

The second of waiting felt like an agonising eternity to me, but when she finally nodded her head, I knew that I had her in my grasp. 

And with her obvious assent, I rocked her world.