Take me or Leave me (Irosami)

A/n Inspired by the song Take Me or Leave Me from the musical RENT. Be warned, Iroh II is going to sound like a jealous, overly possessive jerk.

.

.

.

Iroh glared at his girlfriend across the club. It seemed she just could not stop flirting! He watched as she once again giggled at whatever it was the young man who currently held her attention was saying. The way she was standing there, eyelids slightly lidded, a smirk playing on her face. . . As far as Iroh was concerned, there was only one man she could look at like that: him.

Speaking of him's, the sleazy-looking guy currently talking to her had a look in his eye that Iroh decided he didn't like. The man took every opportunity to touch her, and Iroh was just about ready to knock his head off.

He'd finally had enough when the man's hand wandered to his girlfriend's waist and lingered there far longer than Iroh liked. Asami finally decided to turn off the flirt factor, but the sleaze bag didn't seem to notice. Barely controlling his temper, Iroh swiftly crossed the room and encased the stranger's wrist in a death grip. The guy cried out in pain and tried to pull away, but the Prince's grip held firm.

"Hey, what's your problem, man?!" Sir Sleazalot demanded.

"Hands. Off." Iroh growled. The look in his eye was fierce, and if looks could kill, this guy would be a corpse.

"O-okay, take it easy, man, geez!" the man whimpered before scurrying away. Iroh glared after him before meeting his girlfriend's scowl.

"I didn't need your help," she told him. He gave an exasperated sigh.

"I wouldn't feel the need to help if you hadn't led him to assume things. Can't you ever stop flirting?" He asked. Asami shrugged.

"It's sort of built in."

"Well, can we have it surgically removed?" He asked, annoyance obvious in his voice. Asami crossed her arms. He really had no right to talk. As if it was easy for her to deal with his controlling, neat freak lifestyle!

"No, I'm afraid we can't. I've attracted attention since I turned fifteen. You have to either take me for what I am, or leave me. I mean, how do you think I feel about you and your control-freak side?"

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be in control of the situation," he defended. Asami rolled her eyes.

"There is when it keeps you from loosening up every once in awhile!"

Iroh's temper flared. "Oh? And exactly how much do you want me to loosen up, Asami? To the point where I flaunt around and flirt with every girl I see?!"

"I do NOT flaunt around! And what does it matter if I flirt a little? You're my boyfriend! I've never once even thought about touching another man!"

"You may as well! Every time you go out I have to worry about controlling myself when some guy starts chatting you up!"

"Well you wouldn't have to worry if you would just LOOSEN UP!"

"I can't just loosen up, Asami! I've been in the United Forces ten years! You can't just unlearn ten years of training, it's part of me."

"Well you're asking me to change part of me! I can't just turn on command!"

"Neither can I!"

"Maybe we should just break up then!"

"Maybe we should!"

"Fine then!"

"Fine!"

They stormed out without another word, ignoring the questioning eyes of their friends. As big as the argument may have seemed to them, to the rest of the club, it was little more than a whispered disagreement with the loud music and dancing. They left separately, certain that their relationship was over for good this time.

Of course, this go-around, the breakup only lasted about an hour.