Chapter 2 - Finding A Mate

Lucas POV

'I'm gonna go for a walk near the patrol, father.' I mind linked my dad saying I was going out.

'That's fine, be back in twenty minutes or so, breakfast'll be ready and you know how your mother gets.'

'Yes father, I know.'

I got off my bedroom couch, turned off the TV, and walked out my bedroom door. I walked down the hall and down three flights of stairs and out the front door.

Hey, can I go for a run?

'Sure thing Cole' I mind linked my wolf, Cole, and said he can run for a while. I shifted into Cole, letting my clothes rip off, my bones break, then reshape. I let him run into the woods towards the border of the Crystal Moon Pack territory.

After a while of running, we reach the border where I see the beta's son, a.k.a. my best friend, patrolling. Cole walks up to James, where he was currently shifted into his wolf, Ben. Ben is a little shorter than me since I'm apart of an alpha family, in which the wolves run larger. Ben was a silver-grey haired wolf with bright green eyes.

My wolf was crystal white with bright blue eyes, and by bright, I mean you can mistake them for glowing eyes. I began having a chat with James when I realize we have been chatting in the rain. It was more of a downpour, actually. I didn't even realize it was raining this entire time. I realize it's been about fifteen minutes and I start ending our conversation.

I begin to turn around when I stop short. I feel James' wolf look at me in confusion. I sniff the air, ignoring him. 'What's this smell? It's smells... amazing.'

I breath in the smell of vanilla and mint and begin to follow it. Cole followed the smell to a river, where I told him I would take it from here. I shifted back into myself, not caring about the fact I was only in boxers, which I was slightly amazed they survived the switch. I walked up to the edge of a river and looked around, not seeing anything to match the smell at first.

After searching around the river, I finally looked into it to see a black object floating in it, only now realizing it was a wolf. I sniffed the air, then locked my eyes back onto the wolf, "that's not a rogue..."

I swam quickly into the river, trying to get to the wolf, the smell is coming from her? Cole asked. Cole tends to question things a lot, let's just say he's different from most wolves.

I finally got into arms length of the wolf and gently grabbed her leg. I felt tingles in my hand, which was now pulling the unconscious wolf closer to me. I repositioned my arm, which was now around the body of the rather small, but large wolf. The tingles went all over my body wherever the wolf was touching me. My eyes went wide, finally catching on to what it meant. "Mate."

I was now swimming even faster then before, trying to get to land. We need to save her! Cole practically screamed through our mind link.

'I know, Cole! We need to take her to the pack hospital.'

I scooped up my mate, acting as if she were the most fragile thing in the world, which she was now. I mind linked James who I knew was still on patrol for another couple minutes. I realized he should be heading back now. With the rate I'm running at, I should be able to mind link him right...

'James!? Run back to the pack house and get a room and a doctor in the hospital wing ready, ASCAP!' I used my authoritative voice, which I don't use often. No body questions my commands when I use that voice because it's either an emergency or the person is really ticking me off. In this case, it was an emergency.

'Right away!' James mind linked me back.

I was sprinting in the direction with my increased wolf speed, through the rain, and onto the field surrounding some of the houses belonging to the pack members. The cold rain splashed directly onto my face, but I didn't care. At the moment, I only cared about the wolf as black as night in my arms. I sprinted up the steps to the pack house, taking three stairs at a time. I found James waiting at the door, holding it open for me.

"Who's that?" I hear my mother's voice coming from the kitchen. I ignore her for now and run directly to the stairs in front of me, heading to the second floor which was the hospital wing.

Please be alive... I hear Cole whimper out.

'Please be alive, mate...'

A/N: shorter chapter, sorry. I did just finish the first chapter earlier sooo yeah, I think that's enough procrastinating and time to go to bed, continuing to ignore the geometry worksheet/homework in my school bag that is so far away.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Comment what you think will happen next, and can you guys let me know what you think of it? I want to know what to change and if I need to change anything.

Hope you guys enjoyed, later gatorz ^~^