Why Do You Think I'm Weak?

Chapter Two: Why Do You Think I'm Weak?

"Stock."

"Currency."

"Value."

"Time."

"The public."

Nonsense, every word being spoken was slurring together and becoming absolute nonsense. I hated meetings, I hated them so much. Especially, when they were full of old, fat, and drying men. All they did was sit and talk about money and how much they would be getting or losing, it was boring. To be honest I would rather be sleeping, or even completing some files, than be here. But, as Mr. Ezana's Secretary / Assistant / whatever it said in my portfolio- I had to be here.

I looked down at the tape recorder in front of me with great interest. It was the only interesting thing in this room. The way the buttons were arranged and the way the red light pulsed was just...beautiful. The only beautiful thing here other than me. Not one of these males were attractive. Normally I would have at least one piece of eye candy to goggle at for a couple of hours. But, this time it was just middle aged men and higher. And don't get me wrong, I liked my DILFS, but these men were definitely not that.

Zoning out the business people talk I started to think about the "surprise" Alam had for me. The fact that the surprise was another meeting took away almost all the excitement. Maybe the meeting was a negation over a sex toy company? That would be exciting, several years of abstinence was boring and tiring. Alam knew of my struggles, although not in detail, so it would make sense for that to be the surprise. And it wouldn't be the first time something ludicrous was brought up as a meeting. The nonsense I constantly had to sit through didn't even need to be mentioned. But, realistically, Alam would never surprise me with that. That's not professional, that's inappropriate.

I knew the meeting was over once a hand was gently placed on my shoulder followed by a firm squeeze. Alam always did that because he knew I was most likely in a trance or daydreaming so if my name were to be called or if the atmosphere of the room had changed I wouldn't notice. It had happened before with me being left by myself in an empty room for almost twenty minutes without me noticing.

"It' time to go, Alonza." His deep voice rumbled while collecting hi papers and instruments he had used for his presentation.

"Yeah, I got that," I chuckled out after pressing stop on the recorder. On days where we had meetings we would normally spend the rest or our working hours in our office with some takeout and our computers. Alam and I would finish up files until the clock hit 7. But, our usual walk to the office was taking quite sometime and we seemed to be making a lot of unnecessary and foreign turns. "Um, Mister, I believe we missed a turn at some point. Normally I'm all for the follow the leader thing but the leader is starting to look a little suspicious." I commented, stopping abruptly and grabbing Alam's arm. Such a strong forearm...

"We're going to my car; the rest of our day is cleared." Okay, a car, interesting.

"I have my own car though."

"I know this, Alonza." Alam laughed with that statement. I didn't really know what was that funny. I was actually quite confused.

"So why are we both going to your car?"

"Because we are both going to the same location." I stared at Alam blankly and he stared back. I was trying to look intimidating and annoyed but that vibe didn't seem to be coming out because he seemed to be amused with me. I didn't understand why he was making me drag out every single word out of him. The surprise wasn't until a certain amount of days that I forgot so this suspense was unnecessary.