«3»

«Kylo Ren»

Footsteps approached me from behind, echoing throughout the star destroyer bridge as I stood my ground, watching the screens and control switches in front of me. By the sound of it, whoever was approaching me seemed hesitant as if they brought bad news.

"Sir," lieutenant Mitaka's shaky voice croaked out. "We were unable to acquire the droid on Jakku." My masked head angled towards the lieutenant slightly, but no words escaped my lips. Although he could not see my facial expressions, he must've known that behind my mask, a glare was glued to my face. Mitaka gulped before continuing. "It escaped capture aboard a stolen Corellian YT model freighter."

This time, I turned to face the man who took a small step back. "A droid," I began slowly. "Stole a freighter?"

"Not exactly, sir," he stuttered out. "It had help." Every moment I spent silent made the lieutenant more nervous. "We have no confirmation, but we believe FN-2187 may have been helped in the escape--"

Anger bubbled up inside me with each word he spoke, and I cut Mitaka off by igniting my blood red lightsaber. I quickly struck on control console in front of me with my weapon, repetitively causing damage to everything around me. Groans escaped my lips as I let out my rage, flaming scars from my lightsaber leaving indents in the console. My teeth were clenched together as I backed away while sucking in sharp breaths. "Anything else?" I growled out.

"The two were accompanied by a girl." As soon as those words met my ears, I reached out a gloved hand and violently pulled lieutenant Mitaka towards me so that I had him in a choke hold.

"What girl?" My low voice asked.

Mitaka was quick to respond, trying to save himself from my grasp. "A scavenger from Jakku. She got away, but we managed to find her dwelling with the help of a Jakku resident and took a prisoner."

"A prisoner?" I questioned. "Who?"

«»«»«»«»

With swift movements, I made my way through the hallways of the large ship towards the detention block. Mitaka had not told me much about the prisoner, for I immediately pushed past him once he informed me of the prisoners whereabouts.

When I made it to the detention block, I found the room of the prisoner and forced it open with a simple kick of the door. Inside, General Hux stood leaning over someone. Because of Hux, I could not yet see who he was interrogating.

"Where is the droid?" Hux growled, and suddenly I heard the cry of a child. Quickly, I pushed past Hux to find a small girl pressed against the wall in fear. The General had a strong grip on the child's wrist as she screamed out in fear. "You know the scavenger and the droid. Where are they going?!" He yelled in a demanding tone.

Despite the interrogation of Hux, the girl continued to cry out, not giving any answers.

"General Hux," I said, startling him. "Go to the bridge."

Hux turned towards me, an angry expression on his face. "Sir, I must insist that I stay here," he said. "This child is the only source of information we have as of right now."

"Go to the bridge," I commanded once again, this time stepping towards him slightly.

Hux clenched his teeth together. "I will not take orders fr-"

His sentence was cut off as I extended my hand out towards the general, using the force to choke him without even coming in contact with the man's neck. He gasped for the limited air he could get, bringing his pale hands to his neck in an attempt to free himself. I swung my arm to the right, causing Hux to go flying towards the wall.