Pierce My Heart

Title: Pierce My Heart

Genre: Teen Fiction

   "Don't do it," I hissed through gritted teeth. He looked back at me with dark, dull blue eyes.

   "You don't understand," his voice was hollow. He sounded as if he didn't have a soul anymore- like he was just an empty shell with nothing to live for.

   "Then help me understand. Don't do this, please," I pleaded quietly. His gaze wandered to the small white pills that lay in his hands, causing his black hair to hide his beautiful face. His hand shook; the pills seemed to be waiting eagerly for his death.

   "It's too late," he whispered.

   "If you really cared for me, you won't do this. I care for you, and I can't let you do this." I begged. He looked a bit anxious, as if slightly hesitating. Hope sparked inside of me. Will he not do it? Then he shook his head, blowing out any chance of survival.

   "I have to do this," he only replied. I glared at him.

   "If you kill yourself, I swear to you that I will go down to hell and personally assist the devil in the torturing of your soul," I warned. He didn't reply. My eyes flared as tears welled up in my eyes.

   "Fine," I snapped. I walked over to the sink and pulled out a small dagger that I kept under sink in case of emergency. This was definitely an emergency. His eyes widened as I held the knife to my chest, the tip barely digging into my skin.

   "Take those pills," I sneered. "You'll live just long enough to see you pierce my heart."