0 hours of rest

8 hours of school.

7 hours of homework.

1 hour extra curricular activity.

2 hours transportation

That leaves 7 hours for your life which will be spent eating, sleeping and preparing for:

8 more hours of school, in which you get yelled at for not finishing your homework because, "you had all night." Getting yelled at for not practicing your instrument because, "you should have managed your time better." Getting made fun of by the teacher because you are fighting off sleep in his class, because "you should have gone to bed earlier." Dropping out of extra curricular activities, but being asked "why"and told "you could have gone to collage for that."

But then the ride home and...

8 hours of homework, so you finish it all, even if you would never need to know that information in the real world.

1 hour of practicing your instrument, so you improve a skill you'll never use after high school.

2 hours for transportation.

5 hours for eating, sleeping, and preparing for tomorrow.

And the agony continues.. until you finish it and are lost, or drop out and can barely get by.

You don't even have a perfect GPA..

But you have a perfect attendance, because you can't afford to miss a day.

Your eyesight is horrible because you stare at computer screens all day, not watching videos, but rather doing as expected.

Adults say they miss school. And they might miss their generation of school, but school is ruining the lives of kids today.

Kids are being locked in school like jail, and taught to be obedient, don't talk unless spoken to, don't leave the school, STAY STILL.

We are being taught about England's past Kings and Queens, about how Henry the 8th killed his wives. But was anyone taught the US presidents? What about where the different states are? Do you know how our government is run, and who to vote for in the next election? Do you know how to save your own or someone else's life?

I don't.

Have you ever been taught how to pay bills and actually save money?

Now, do you know what the layers of the earth are? Do you remember dissecting a frog? Do you remember learning how foolish people in the past were went they used methods of medicine that killed them? Now wait, do you know what can kill you? How much do you really know about living in the world?

Do you remember how school taught you the lesson that, if you don't fit into society's standards, you deserve to be thrown into hell. That if you make one mistake, it'll be the way you're remembered for the rest of your life.

- hours of school.

- hours of homework

- hours of extra curricular activities

0 hours of rest