Author's Note

WELCOMING

Dear fellow readers,

Welcome to the world of Edorias. My name is Arlena Hawthorne, but please do call me Huntress, as this is my nickname and what most people know me by. Or Arly, Lena, Hawthy, Thorny, Thorn...whatever you associate with my name. Let us embark on this journey by starting off with some basic things, shall we?

Note: This is the second draft of the book. I will be basing my edits off what you, dear readers, have commented previously, and use that to improve my book. Yes, I know there will still be mistakes, so feel free to keep commenting!

GENERAL NOTE

This is the first book of the Lost Gemstones Chronicles. The Lost Gemstones Chronicles follow the adventure of four protagonists, Velessya, Myriel, Aegaron and E'ridhas, to break free of the social standards of Edorias and pursue their own dreams. Will they break free of their own chains, or will they crumble under the system of Edorias?

First Book: The Song of Sapphire (Started: 18.10.2018) (Ended: ?)

INSPIRATION

I got most of the inspiration for this book in a dream that I had recently, and somehow still remember it to this day. Also, part of the inspiration comes from racism and inequality in this world, as Edorias, a post-apocalyptic world faces the same problem.

If this idea clashes with any stories written by other dear authors, please contact me via private messaging or my email and we can discuss it further from there.

SUMMARY

The young priestess, Velessya Aelius Faeveren, is rising among the ranks of her fellow apprentices and wishes to dedicate her life to the Temple and the gods of Edorias. She thinks that whatever lies within the high walls of Edorias is safe and dares not to think about life beyond the walls. What will happen when she realises that everything around her life and priesthood is a lie, and what she identifies as 'lies' are truths of light?

〚Book One of the Lost Gemstones Chronicles〛

All Rights Reserved ©Arlena V Hawthorne 2018. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

Cover by the talented @kerozeo

Gif signature by the amazing @-shadowlights

THANKS:

Thank you to all these amazing people who have helped me along this truly amazing journey!

To all members of the Family Book Club 💖

MilejdyVan(Mama Milejdy)
karinberry(Auntie Karin)
xXAcquitedRoyalXx(Chrissy)
sharonbright1(Sharon)
sugarysweet3(Sam)
me_n_osh(Dusk)
leshae051304(Leshae)
LoveRed25(Red)
Hotsnow01(Amy)
Anime_Kitty(Alicia) and
Quiet_Pen(Elezach)