The 49th expedition beyond walls

Until my last day.

===

A month later since the four recruits came into the regiment of the Survey Corps. Nothing has changed ever since.. Until Commander has called in an expedition in a few hours for trying to take back some land from titan territory.

Stress and anxiety building up inside, You just cannot hide it but it just continues to grow faster once you try to hide it.

The hour came before the expedition started. Cadets and veterans scrambling as they scurry to prepare. Whispers and mumbles that can be heard in every corner of your ears.

Rushing, (F/N) makes her way to the equipment room to get her ODM gear. Mike, Erwin, and Hanji have already prepared themselves and (F/N) promised to meet them at the main gate of Karanes District for departure.

(F/N) grunted as she finished putting on her gear and races to the horse stables. She opened the gate of her horse's and gave a pat on the nose before riding her.

She whipped her horse to get themselves to the main gate of the said district.

A few minutes later, She finally reached the gate of Karanes District. People watching the legion prepare to set foot on Titan territory. (F/N) scanned her eyes in search of her four comrades. Until she found them on the group of the right flank.

Hanji waved her hand in the air and she noticed she was with Erwin behind Hanji and Mike beside Erwin. She gave a sigh of relief and pulled the reins of the horse to follow her. "Yo, (F/N)!" Hanji exclaimed as (F/N) goes to her side with her horse. She just nods silently and Commander Keith began to speak.

"Let our 49th Expedition beyond walls commence! Show what you have learned and got from your training experiences! Soldiers, onward!!" With the commander's signal. Everyone of them sprinted forward in their horses. As the gate of Karanes disappears from their vision, Commander has made his first command. "Separate into your designated troops and flanks!! Do not lose yourselves and the formation! Shoot a specified flare when titans are in range!" With that command, Everyone separated into patches.

"Let's give it our all today, Alright? One of us can get hurt. I don't want the same thing to happen from a few years back." Erwin said calmly. All of them nod as they understood and continued riding. They were pretty much lucky that they were put in the same flank.

They were all on high alert, That's when two abnormal titans come in. The ground intensely shaking. "Fire the black flare,Cadet Zacharias!" Their leader commanded, Mike nodded and shot a flare up in the endless sky. "Tch. Now we gotta lose those!" The male leader pointed to a direction where the two abnormals are coming. The leader looked back and gave a close look at the cadets in his troop.

Then his eyes landed on (F/N)'s. He took a sharp sigh before saying; "Cadet (L/N). We'll take out the two abnormals. Cadet Zöe! Guide our horses." He pleaded and with that, He sped off with his gear. All of them looked at (F/N) with a worried glance. She nodded and zipped off with their troop leader.

Both cadet and veteran shot a grapple to a nape on each titan and sliced it brutally. At a blink of an eye, The titans fall to the fertile ground.

I knew she would come in handy...

The leader thought.

The two came back and got back on their horses. "Good job, Cadet (L/N)." The leader complimented. (F/N) nods once again before she looks back straight to the route. Until a black flare was seen on the front flank's area. "A black flare.." Hanji mouthed and the leader grunts. And another black flare came in from the left. Their faces decorated with sweat and a hint of worry in each of their mesmerising eyes.

Until two flares were shot on the lower left flank. "Shit! How many abnormals are there?!"Mike commented.

Until...

Three red flares were shot in the air, Shot on each direction.

"Distress signals..?!" Hanji said, shocked. A cadet on a horse seen from the left side came in, a messenger, perhaps. "Right flank troop number 3! Left flank troops 1 to 4 have been wiped out!" He messenger stated. "Wait, So that means 2 troops are left?" (F/N) asked, in complete suddenness. "Affirmative! I'd suggest you rookies fall back into the original formation!" The messenger yelled back. They all looked at their troop leader and the leader took a sigh.

"We got it, Thanks for letting us know." The leader replied. The messenger nods and rushes out to alert a different troop. "Alright, Y'all heard the man! Get onto the original formation, Let us leaders handle this, We just don't want to see more deaths of rookies." He commented, They all nod hesitantly as they understood, and went left to get back into their formation.

"Are they crazy? Leaving the leaders alone?!" Erwin said as sweat dropped from his forehead. "We got no choice, Erwin. This is going to be the way it is." (F/N) saddened at the state. As soon as 8 other troops came into their vision in the distance, They went to proceed into line. "Looks like the left flank has totally been wiped out.." Mike sighed, Hanji just frowned as they get in line with their horses. "Everyone, Expand as soon as the forests come in!" Commander Keith yelled. "Sir!" All of them replied back in unison.

They thought everything would turn out bad, Looks like nature had something else in mind.