She's Just My Neighbour

Chapter Five

*Ashton's POV*

I waved goodbye to Maisie, and headed back home. I thought I did a good deed today. Helping out my neighbour. At misjudged Maisie completely. I thought she was going to be like our other neighbours. They rarely ever talk to us. It's like we don't even live next door to each other. Maisie's different. I can tell she wants to talk, and that she's not talking just for the sake of it. I'm not going to lie, but I felt quite uncomfortable at first, but who wouldn't with a new person in their life. I can tell that she was uncomfortable as well. But we pushed that aside, and we actually had a good time. She's a pretty neat girl. In surprised that she basically had a similar music taste as me. I was slightly annoyed that my mum came over and called me back. It's like she's forgotten that I'm nineteen, not a ten year old.

"Mum, why did you want me back for? It's not even that late, I'm nineteen remember?" I said frustratedly. I wanted to hang out more with Maisie as she was actually nice to hang round with. Even though we were just chit chatting, it was still nice. Better than staying home all day, doing nothing.

"Dinners ready, and Luke called, he wanted to know where you were. He appear fly tried calling you, but you wouldn't pick up." Mum said whilst opening the door. I could smell my mums cooking as soon as I walked in. I saw Harry placing the plates around the table. We all sat down, and started to tuck into our meal. Mum made spaghetti, I love spaghetti, it's like the best meal ever, apart from pizza. But other than that it's the second best meal.

"So how is our new neighbours? You seemed to spend the whole day there. What were you up to?" Mum asked whilst taking a fork full of spaghetti. She was grinning the whole time, I'm not sure why, but I ignored her gesture and decided to reply back.

"They're good. They're really nice people. I was helping out their daughter with painting her room.  Her name is Maisie." I said whilst playing around with my spaghetti. I realised that my mum didn't even ask me what her name was, I was just going on.

"Look, somebody's blushing." Lauren teased.

"No I'm not!" I protested and from that I picked my spoon up and scooped up a meatball, and aimed and fired it at my sister.

"Ash! What was that for?" She groaned and wiped off the spaghetti sauce that landed on her face. I couldn't help but laugh. If I had a replay button and a slow motion button, that would have been epic to watch again.

"For saying I was blushing, I don't blush, period." I stated.

"Okay then Ashton, if you say so." Mum said in a mocking way. Thanks mum, I feel the love.

After dinner, I went upstairs into my room and sat on my stool in front of my drum kit. I was about to start playing some beats but my phone started to ring. Really, now.

I looked at the caller ID, it was Luke.

"Whats up man?" I asked while lightly tapping my drumsticks on the symbols.

"Where were you today?" Luke said sharply.

"Don't need to snap Luke, I was helping my new neighbour with her room." I proved my point.

"Woah woah woah, her, no wonder why you didn't come round." Luke said mockingly.

"Shut up, it's not like that Luke, she's just my neighbour!" I said promptly.