Part One

"Why do you always have to make us late Hunk?" Pidge asked she narrowed her eyes as their friend took another bite of his subway sandwich. He shrugged and offered the sandwich to her.

"Sorry I was hungry. Want a bite?" He offered her an apologetic smile. "Didn't know they'd run out of mayonnaise."

"Oh lay off him, it's not like you didn't want something there," Lance said as he pulled out a piece of a paper. He stopped in front his room dorm room and slowly typed in numbers into the keypad.

"I just wanted a bottle of water." She crossed her arms and peeked over his shoulder. "Do you really still not know your passcode yet?" Lance looked at her over his shoulder and scoffed.

"Uh no, I just like double checking duh." The light on the door turned green and he opened it up. "Now get in before I lock you out."

"You would never, I'm the only one who remembers the channel the show is on." She walked in with her chin tilted up. Hunk and Lance shared a look, Lance rolled his eyes and walked inside.

"You hold on to that bit of leverage tightly don't you Pidge?" Hunk asked, he took his bag off and placed it by Lance's door. Lance stepped in after them and closed the door behind them. There was a click as it locked.

Pidge had already made herself comfortable on Lance's bed. Hunk grabbed the remote off of the empty top bunk and threw it to her. She fumbled with it until it fell to the floor. She groaned and reached for it without putting any real effort in. Lance looked between her and the remote inches away from her.

"Really?" Lance sighed and bent down picking up the remote and handing it to her. She smiled and grabbed the remote pointing it towards the TV.

"Thank you." She hummed as she began flipping through the channels. Hunk sat on the bed opposite from Pidge.

"Will there even be subtitles?" Lance asked and sat on the ground in the middle of the two beds. Hunk shrugged he had stopped asking that question a while ago.

"Probably not until tomorrow," Pidge said casually, she found the channel and clicked on it. Lance watched as an older Asian man holding an octopus appeared on the screen. The image wasn't actually moving and there were just Asian characters in big dramatic font next to him.

"So tell me again how we're supposed to understand what's happening. Not everyone reads Korean like you." Lance looked at Pidge his eyes raised, he half expected her to pull out a headset language translator.

"Context clues," Pidge said simply. The still image left the TV screen, now the same Asian man was standing next to three polls. There were was a girl and two boys standing behind the polls, they each had three octopi balanced on their heads.

"Uh, Lance. I don't want to interrupt your TV viewing experience, but where's the popcorn?" Hunk asked slowly, he had finished his sandwich and crumpled up the wrapper.

"Didn't we eat it all last time?" Pidge asked they both looked at Lance.

"Yeah, we did." Lance stood up and stretched his back out. "I don't have another bag, I'll have to run to the campus store and get one or..." He smirked and pushed back his hair with his hand. "I can hear next door, and see if Allurah would be interested in helping me out." Pidge rolled her eyes and turned back to the television. Each contestant now held an oversized helmet and was staring intently at a pool of whipped cream.

"Whatever you need to do to get us whipped cream," Pidge mumbled, she grabbed a pillow and rested her head on top of it.

"Do you mean popcorn?" Hunk asked, Pidge wasn't paying attention and didn't answer back. Hunk turned back to Lance. "She means popcorn. Thanks, buddy." He rested his back on the wall and continued watching the show.