If This Isn't Love

"No, no, no!" I exclaimed just as the doors shut by my next boarding gate. I pointed at the attendant.

"You have to open that door again! I need—"

"Excuse me. Do you not see me complaining here also?" A male voice sounds from next to me. Offended, I turned to face the man. His familiar grey eyes widened in shock before a smirk took over his face. "Well, if it isn't Vegan Teagan"

My face heated up with anger, but I ignored him. "I've just missed my connecting flight. Is there another one leaving anytime soon?"

The lady looked up, her eyes looking big behind the red frames "Sorry, sweetheart. That was the last flight to New York" She looked apologetic. She turned her attention back to her computer screen "Looks like next plane won't leave till 3:45am"

"Twelve hours! What are we supposed to do?" The man voiced

"Well, due to the holidays we will offer to pay for a one night stay in a hotel room" She spoke kindly to us. Her French accent was heavy, and I struggled to comprehend her words.

"Wait, so we" I pointed between me and Santana. "Only get one room?"

"That's okay with me. I mean we used to spend nights in the same bed—"

I quickly covered his mouth with my hand, my eyes turning to him "Okay, why don't you calm down, Satan?"

He glared, taking my hand away from his face "It's Santana"

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes with s smirk.

"Um, yes it's one room, two beds, at a well known hotel, not far from this airport. Use this information to get the room" she handed me a blue piece of paper. "I wish you all the best of luck"

I opened my mouth in shock. I was pissed. First, my flight here from Greece was horrible with the man snoring in my ear the entire time. Then, my bag took forever to get unloaded from the plane, which is my reason for my predicament. I watched absentmindedly as the lady walked away, her heels click-clacking on the floor. I groaned in annoyance.

"We get it, Tarzan" I glared, pointing my finger at Santana accusingly.

"You"

"Me?"

"Yes, you! Why did it have to be you of all people?" I mumbled.

"Great to know you missed me, Teagan" Sarcasm laced his voice, and he snatched the paper from my hands.

"Hey!" I called after him, trotting slowly to catch up with his long stride.

"Dont 'hey' me. I know when I'm not wanted around"

"Why do you always have to be so annoying?" I huffed. He stopped and turned to me.

"I'm annoying?" He glared. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped and instead, shook his head "I'm not gonna start with you, today. Look, let's just get along for tonight. We owe each other that much."

Santana began to walk ahead, and I thought back to how good things used to be between us. How young and in love we were back in high school. We were together for four years before things ended—not gracefully either.

"Santana, I'm sorry" I murmured after a couple minutes of following behind him.

I didn't get a response.

And before I knew it, we were already in a taxi on the way to the provided hotel. I felt the awkward tension between us and swallowed. I turned my head to glance at Santana, wondering how he could still be so attractive. His jawline was defined, and he was beginning to grow a little beard which complimented his smile and made him look a little older. I wanted to see his stormy grey eyes.