fate [sakuraba ryota]

Soulmate!AU (red string)

---

"You have got to be kidding me." You groaned as you stare at your room's ceiling and remembered the events that had happened earlier that day.

Your university posted in the announcement board a sign up sheet for those who would like to be volunteers for an upcoming event that was going to be held in the campus. You and your friend signed up, thinking that you could gain some experience and meet new people. The event was for anniversary of your university and a part of it was a concert. Surprisingly, they were able to get one of Tsukino Production's units, Growth as one of the performers.

You weren't a huge fan of the agency's groups and all, you just so happen to enjoy the type of music they bring out, and that includes Growth. Fast forward to the event, a.k.a earlier that day. You were one of the staff members who would call out the performers when they would need to head up on stage and whatnot.

Your specific job was when to give the performers their cue to head to the stage; so, while Growth was waiting backstage, your friend who was with you nudged you and whispered that your thread connects to one of the members of Growth. Of course, you didn't believe it until you told them that they were waiting at the side and out of curiousity, you peeked at your thread and followed to whose hand it led.

You sighed once more as you rolled to your side, "Why is my soulmate an idol?"

---

"Your drink, sir." You said as you handed out the iced latte to a customer. You took another drink your co-worker made and called the name written on the cup, "Caramel Mocchiatto for Ryo-san!" You called and appeared before you to claim the drink was none other than your fated partner. "Ah." You said out of reflex.

You blankly stare at him, with his drink still in your hand. "Uhm... excuse me?"

"Ah! Sorry about that! Caramel Mocchiatto, correct?" You said as he handed you his receipt for confirmation.

"Yeah."

"Here you go." You handed to him his drink and straw before doing a short bow.

"Yeah, thanks..." he took his drink before he noticed the connected string, "Oh..." he stares at it quietly before he looked at you, "We're soulmates, huh?"

You flinched at his words before slowly nodding in confirmation.

"So Ken was telling the truth..." he mutters, but you heard it clearly and asked him, "So you knew since the event?"

He nodded before glancing at the rest of the drinks you have yet to call out, "What time will you be out?"

You checked your watch, "In an hour..."

"Okay." Silently telling you that he'll wait till your shift ends as he walked towards an empty table.

---

You let out a tired sigh as you exited the staff entrance/exit and as you were about to turn right and into the main street, you saw the silver-haired idol outside the cafe. "Ah!"

He turned to you and said, "Good work."

"Y-Yeah, thanks."