Chapter One

AO3 AN: 

NONE

MY AN: I don't own this story or the idea, Jane271 does. I don't own HP

CHAPTER ONE: The Start of a Legend

July 31st 2002

5 y/o

July 31st is a dag that is celebrated all over the magical world. There were parties happening everywhere at the moment. Why you ask? Well today was the day that their young boy savior was born, exactly 5 years ago. But that was not all that was being celebrated. No, after little Charlies fifth birthday his training would finally begin. Even if it was just a bit of basic magical theory, the magical world was excited about it, and, of course, relieved that their young savior was going to be trained to keep them all safe.

The Potters were currently getting ready for the kids party for both their children, while tonight there would be a party at the ministry for their chosen one.

While Charlie would begin his training, Jennifer would be sent to a public school, for Lily had no time to teach both her children at once. And this, Jennifer was not happy with.

"But mommy, why can't I learn how to fight to? As the twin of Charlie wouldn't the bad men come after me to?" Little Jennifer asked her mother, a bit confused and hurt she couldn't learn the same things as her brother.

"Jennifer we talked about this, you will never have to know how to defend yourself, you will have us, and later your brother to protect you. Besides, learning to fight will probably ruin your perfect angelic posture, and we wouldn't want to disappoint the boys in the future now, would we?" Lily answered her daughter, while looking at James for any protest he might have on the subject. He didn't show any.

"But mom-"

"No means no Jenny, now, hurry up otherwise we are going to be late to the party. The first guests will be arriving shortly."

Defeated Jennifer looked at her pure, white sandals that matched her frilly white dress perfectly. Her hair was done up in a small knot and what wasn't in the knot was curled with a spell. She had a small butterfly clip in her hair to top the look off. Her mother was right, she looked angelic, but it wasn't something that she would ever pick for herself. No, she gave her brother a jealous look, for he was wearing a pair comfortable jeans and a white button-up shirt, with a dark blue vest over it. She always hated wearing dresses.

"Now don't make that face little flower." James commented, seeing the look on her face. "This is going to be fun."

''''''''''''''''''''''

He lied.

This was the dumbest party she had ever been to.

All the adults either ignored her outright even though it was her birthday as well, or they treated her like she was a baby.

While this was disappointing, even more disappointing were her presents. While her brother got potions sets, books of all kinds and even a telescope, she got dolls, make-up and a few pieces of jewelry that she didn't want to wear. It was the biggest disappointment of the night.

Seeing her brother running around having fun, and getting very dirty with all kinds of things sent her another spike of jealousy for her brother. She tried to play with them too, but her parents were quick to intervene with it, because ''We wouldn't want you to ruin you pretty dress now, would we?''. She was getting to the point of ripping her hair out, which was getting even more attractive when Charlie unpacked a chessboard, but she refrained.