waiting

we're always waiting.

but why are we always waiting?

waiting for something interesting to happen in our lives.
Sweep everything to the past. Always running a circle track knowing it's outcome, forcing the tomorrow to happen sooner.

waiting for that perfect someone that'll change our lives "for the better" for then to retrace all our words and moments for another person to "change what's happened".

waiting to turn to something unreal, or whatever pointless thing we give so much importance to that wont probably matter in the future. Willingly blinded by a world who's surface matters more than it's inside.

we wait so much for everything, yet we never get tired.

we never get tired of waiting.

we keep on waiting for something, anything to happen.
Resembling a bomb, ticking meaninglessly with no definite end.

and for the first time in my life i actually got tired.

i got tired of waiting for perfection.

Meaningless acceptance walking into a void of words. Each one more hollow than the last.
Water expressions that tend to change depending it's tide.

i got tired of waiting.

waiting never paid off.
life frozen in time tends to age with it.

being taught to sit tightly while everything falls into place.

but nothing came.
impatience becoming.

i actually did something with my life.

even if it meant losing what i love.
i'll see the results in the future.

-n.

___

     Waiting isn't particularly a bad thing, or at least I don't consider it to be. Slightly contradicting from my past statement, i know, but how I would've loved for things to have played out
perfectly with family, friends, or jobs. Apologizing or trying to "bury the hatchet" isn't always the best glue, even if time has changed what you were.

    People like to keep the memories of what they perceive of you, or what you were, because changing requires work. It's easier to just "leave it to be" and move on from that broken bond than reliving moments or having conversations about possible reconciliations.

      I do agree that some people will never change and this is not an invitation to just forgive everyone for every mistake or hurt they may have caused, but keeping an eye open and an open heart helps ease the mind.

     Open the Conversation!