CHAPTER 3

I got curious, so I followed them. I passed through the door, knowing they were in Esse's room, I went there straight away. Immediately I got to her door, I knocked softly and waited patiently. The door was opened by Ella, a few minutes later. She used her shoulder, to hit my shoulder harshly and walked away. I ignored her and walked into Esse's room. Esse was lying down on her bed, with her front, hiding her face from me. "Hi," she greeted me in a muffled voice as she adjusted, sat down and began to look at me.

"Hey," I replied, slightly nervous.

She smiled at me, but it was more of a sad smile than a friendly smile. "So...why do you want to talk to me so badly?" she asked me with a smile, making me feel more awful.

I sighed and looked around her room, looking for where to seat and also admiring it. I loved how spacious and large her room was. And the different shades of brown. It made it look so perfect, giving it a calm aura. She noticed that I was looking for a place I could seat, so she pointed to a brown study table and chair close to her window and mumbled a low, 'You can sit there'.

I nodded and immediately went there, turning the chair and making it back the table. I sat down at the edge of the chair, still slightly nervous.

Immediately I cleared my throat and was about to talk, Ebun bashed into the room. "If you think..." she paused immediately she felt the tension in the room. "Err...I'll step out for...err, I'll just...em, go. Don't try anything funny Joseph, her no is her no. Yes, yes," she warned me as she stepped out. I saw her smile a little as she gently closed the door behind her.

Her smile gave me courage, making me realize that; last last, we go dey alright. I cleared my throat again and bent my head, feeling very uncomfortable to look at her and began. "Actually, the reason I wanted to see you, is so that I can explain what happened to you," I said, "I know I'm your least favorite person in the world right now, but I'll love it if you listen to me."

To my surprise, she smiled and nodded. "I will listen to you," she said smiling, before switching quickly from sweet to scaring, as she gritted her teeth and said, "As long as it is worth my time."

I gulped.

She has definitely being spending a lot of time with Ebun.

~~~~~~~~~~
Cover above by frostyella , she's amazing, you should definitely check her out.