10

"Uh.. Thank you for uh... comforting me," Yein thanked him while avoiding his eyes. 

Jungkook could only nod and cough awkwardly. They stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do with silence engulfing them. Yein swore in her head for making things awkward. She glanced at Jungkook, but only to look away when he glanced back at her. 

She felt her cheeks burn and she didn't know why—maybe because of embarrassment or because of the man beside her. 

She looked at him in her peripheral view and she noticed for the first time that he was wearing a suit. She wanted to smack her head for not noticing it. Oh my god, he looks so good, she thought. Jungkook cleared his throat and sighed.

"Is it my turn now?" he asked her. 

Yein looked at him, confused on what he was talking about. Jungkook rolled his eyes. Aish, this girl.

"Is it my turn to talk about her now?"

Yein seemed to remember and chuckled lightly. "Oh, yeah. It's your turn now. Sorry, I'm kinda forgetful sometimes," she said while scratching her head. Jungkook just shook his head and gave her a small smile.

"Well, first, she's pretty—no, she's beautiful. She's the type of girl who's beautiful the first time you see her. When she looks at you, your heart will flutter because of her beauty. Her smile is so beautiful—I want to witness it everytime she smiles. She's kind, smart, graceful, breath-taking... she's just so perfect. We met because of a friend. He introduced me to her and the moment I saw her, I just want her to be mine. Isn't that cheesy?" he looked at Yein and smiled with his dimples showing. 

She swore her heart fluttered because of him. She shook her head in a way to tell him that it's not. He went back to talking.

"After that, we talked and talked and talked the whole night. It's crazy since we didn't even notice that it was past midnight already. We talked about so many things and I enjoyed talking to her. We don't have similar likings, but it's not important to me. I was kinda shy at first but I asked her out. We went out a couple of times and I like her so much that after two dates, I asked her to be my girlfriend. Thankfully, she said yes and everything after that was pure bliss. She was amazing, our relationship was amazing—everything was amazing. We would call each other and talk all night 'til our eyes couldn't take it. I would take her to dates. Sometimes, we would just stay at each other's apartments and chill. There's one time when I—wait, I'm talking so much right? I'm sorry." Yein just shook her head and smiled.

"No, it's alright. Go on," she nudges him and smiled. He shook his head. She raised her brow.

"All in all, she was amazing. Being with her was one of the best things that had happened to me. Our relationship was perfect. Yeah, we argued sometimes but everything was great," he said before smiling sadly at her.

Yein felt her heart pained at the sight. She looked away and drank her remaining alcohol.

"Did she love you?" she asked him. 

Jungkook smiled bitterly and looked straight. 

"She didn't. I'm sure of it," he answered with bitterness in his voice. She raised her brow and looked at him curiously.

"Why so?"

"Just because."

"Well, did you know that one time he said that he loved me? I was so happy that time," she told him bitterly before sighing.

"Oh really?" he glanced at her way with curious eyes.

"Yeah. But, obviously, he lied. That fucking bastard!"

"Well, did you know that one time I told her I love her?"

"Then?" Yein listened to him with utmost interest.

"She just smiled sadly and then walked away. I could feel my heart breaking at that time— just like how it felt when she broke up with me earlier," he said with no emotions, looking forward with blank eyes. Jungkook took a large gulp of his drink and chuckled humorlessly.

"We're such a mess, right?" she turned to him and smiled sadly. 

He mirrored her smile before answering, "Yeah. We surely are. But at least, we have each other." 

Yein felt heat creeping up her cheeks upon hearing his words and chuckled anxiously. Jungkook fixed his eyes to the ground, embarrassed, with his ears red when he realized what he just said.

If people saw them, they would think that they're just a normal couple or friends drinking soju together, but to the both of them, they're just two broken people who need to be fixed.