~Cuts~

WARNING - SELF HARM TRIGGER

I had been clean for so long.. And I  ruined it. Almost 7 months clean, and of course me being the failure I am, cut again.

You tried thinking of the reason you had held in so long, but the depression and pain got to you. You slid the blade in a smooth motion across you wrist, and watched the blood ooze out behind it. Tears streamed down your face, as you repeated the motion over and over again.

-----------------------------

"Goodnight babe,"

"Goodnight, Y/N,"

Your boyfriend, Jack, turned of the lamp on your bedside table and lay down on to his pillow. You snuggled up to him, as he wrapped his arms around you, making you feel protected. He rubbed his hand up and down your arm slowly, then suddenly stopped. You opened your eyes and sat up, as he turned on the lamp again.

"What's wrong Jack? Are you okay?" You panicked, thinking of everything that could have happened. He just looked at you, straight in the eye.

"Can I see your wrists for a second?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly. You took a deep breath.

"Promise you won't be mad?" You nervously looked down at the bed sheets.

"I promise, Y/N," he said, gently lifting your wrists. And looking at all of the fresh cuts from earlier. His eyes started to tear up, and he looked back up at you, who had already started to ball your eyes out.

"I'm sorry, Jack. Please forgive me," you sobbed.

"I wasn't mad, Y/N," he barely whispered.

"Come here, babe. I love you no matter what. And I'm always here for you. I will never be mad because you have a mental illness that you can't control, okay? I love you, Y/N," he cried. You barely ever saw him cry, and you felt guilty knowing it was because of you. You hugged him tightly and sobbed into his shoulder.

"I love you too," You told him.

"Let's go back to sleep, okay? We can talk in the morning," he said. You nodded in reply.

"It's funny how you can get a paper cut and it can feel like the worst pain ever to someone else, but I can take a knife to my skin and feel nothing," I whispered. "Just empty numbness,"

Authors note

WOAH that took a turn. Anyways I have a big update in progress... So stay tuned for that. I hope you didn't find this too disturbing.

- Taylor