Memories the Story Told

1991

    "Claire." Kurt yelled across the room as he and Dave came running to me. I could tell they were scared and went looking for me.

     "Dave, Kurt. Chill I'm fine, I'm right here." I said unable to hold in my smile.

       "You scared the shit out of us Claire, especially after what happened the last time we couldn't find you." Dave said as he scooped me up off the floor and into his arms. I didn't object because even then I had always felt safe in his arms.

     "Claire is everything alright?" Dave asked as he still had me in his arms.

     "Yeah everything is fine Dave." I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

    "Alright." He said.

    He continued to hold me and hold me close. We walked I want sure where we were headed. I knew I was still in Dave's arms and I could hear two sets of foot steps besides Dave's. I knew we were with Kurt and Krist. I kept my eyes closed because I was tired and I knew we were headed for the cold.

    Seconds later there was cold air against my skin. I burried my face into Dave's shoulder. He was warm and warm was exactly what I needed.

    "Claire are you cold?" Dave asked as he carried me through the doors of the hotel we were staying in that night.

     "Yes, I'm fucking freezing." I said as another shiver wound it's way through my body even though Dave held on to me.

     He set me on the bed and pulled blankets over me before joining me and putting his arms around me.

    "Better?" Dave asked as he looked at me.

    "Much better." I said as I snuggled close to him trying to get warm because I was freezing.

     "Good." Dave said with a smile. I could tell that he meant every word he said to me. Closeness to him reminds me of the old memories. Memories back before everything I was was broken.

     *          *           *

   I woke up the next morning, Dave still had his arm around me. I was still cuddled in close to him for warmth. I didn't realize how much I liked cuddling with him back then until we wound up together again.

    Back then Dave, Kurt and Krist were my everything. Those three men meant the world to me. Especially Dave, thinking on it now he meant the world to me because I was in love with him.

     "Did you sleep well Claire?" Dave asked as he opened his beautiful brown eyes and looked directly at me with a sleepy smile on his face.

     "Good and you?" I asked him returning his smile. I couldn't help but smile around him. Maybe because his smile made you wanna smile.

     "I slept just fine, we should get up before Kurt and Krist decide to try something funny like literally jump in the big middle of us." Dave said making me chuckle slightly because I knew he was right they would do that if we gave them half a chance. Now these were all just memories the story told.