Chapter Two

Keith

   We had all made it back to my cabin. Shiro was passed out in the bed, and the rest of us were sitting in the living room.

   "So... What were all of you doing out there? And how do you know each other?" I asked, letting my exhaustion slip into my voice.

   "I've been getting all of these readings on my scanner lately. They said they knew you, and we all saw the ship crash." Katie explained like it was the most obvious thing on the planet.

   "We were on a flight simulation team together." Hunk answered my second question.

   "But why was Katie there? You're only fourteen." I continued.

   "Lack of people wanting that position. That and I hacked the system." She yawned innocently. "Can we please get some sleep? I'm tired."

   "Fine." I grunted. "There are blankets in the closet over there." 

   I watched as the other three got blankets and bickered over who would sleep where. Lance held my attention. I couldn't peel my eyes off of him. He had gotten taller since we last saw each other. His blue eyes still sparkled with the same mischief that I had grown fond of, but there was a more mature air around him. It really showed when he insisted that Katie take the spare cot. 

   "What a gentleman." She had said, snarky as always.

  She was a bit taller than last time we had spoken, which haf been shortly after I had dropped out.Her honey brown hair was up in a messy ponytail, and she had on her brother's old glasses and a green and white sweatshirt.

   Hunk was easily the tallest person here. He had on the same bandanna he always had. There wasn't much different about him.

   My eyes trailed back to Lance. He glanced over at me, but I looked away quickly and tried to hide the rising blush. I had always liked Lance, at least a little. We had a few classes together,and I guess he just sorta grew on me. By that I mean my gay ass fell for him. Can anyone blame me? He is an actual ray of sunshine.

   "Hey, Keith." Katie hissed. "Quit pinning, I can feel it from here. Especially considering it's one off my friends."

   "I knew them before you. Shut up." I growled back lightly.

     "Wait, really?" Katie asked in mild surprise. "I did not know that." She looked over at Hunk and Lance. "Do you think that Shiro knows where Matt and my dad are?" She asked softly after a few minutes. "They didn't come back together. Maybe they got split up."

   "I'm sure that they're together." I said, attempting to treasure my friend.

   "Hey, uh, guys?" Hunk gently interrupted us. "We should get some sleep."

Shiro

  I woke up with an oddly familiar ceiling above me. I sat up and looked around. A sheet fell off of my chest. Since when did prisoners get sheets? I thought. I noticed a curtain hanging up on the other end of the room. There were clothes at the foot of the cot I was on, and I could see another cot behind the curtain when I leaned over to get them.

  I dressed hurriedly and left the room. As I passed down a familiar hall - This was the shack Keith and I stayed at! - I saw a few people passed out in the living room. I slid out the door as quietly as I could.

   I sold a few feet from the shack, looking out. Where had I been? What had happened to me? Why was I covered in scars? What's up with this arm? 

   A shout from the shack startled me from my thoughts. I spun around, tense. The door flung open, and a younger boy with a mullet and panicked expression stepped out.

   "Shiro!" He cried when he noticed me.

    "Keith?" I gasped, shocked beyond words. He sprinted up to me.

   "It's good to have you back." He smiled faintly.

   "It's good to be back," I replied, wrapping an arm over his shoulder. "Who all is in the shack?"

   "It's a cabin!" He hissed. "And a few of my old friends."

   "You made friends?" I mock gasped, faking a look of surprise. "Are you really my little brother?"

   "Shut up, Shiro."

   "Hey! Keith, did you-" I turned around and saw a short, familiar looking girl in the door. 

  "Is that..." I looked at Keith, faint frown appearing on my face. 

   "Yeah, I found him. Tell the others to stop looking." Keith called back. "We'll be in in a moment." 

   "Okay. Hurry up, would you?" She grumbled loudly. 

  "Come on," he sighed. "Don't want to keep Katie waiting."

   "Katie as in Katie Holt? Matt's little sister?" I asked, completely confused. "What is she doing here?"

  "She went to the Garrison. Last night we busted you out of a Garrison facility." Keith explained.

  "Then you'll be kicked out! I appreciate your help, but you could be expelled!" I exclaimed, following Keith back into the shack.

  "I already dropped out, so it isn't a big deal for me." He shrugged walking through the doorway.

  "YOU WHAT?!" 

Lance

  I flinched upon hearing a shriek from the hall. All three of us did. 

  "What was that?" Hunk asked, looking in horror a the hall. 

  "I... have no idea." Katie admitted. "But it was loud."

  Keith and Captain Shirogane walked. 

  "I dropped out after you supposedly died." Keith stated calmly. "They said that it was a pilot error, Shiro. They lied to everyone."

  "But why, why in the world, would you drop out?" Captain Shirogane looked incredulous. 

  "Katie and I worked it out. I got intel while I was there so that if I got caught, she could sign up and take my place. I ended up getting caught and expelled. Katie came in and you can get the rest." Keith explained, yawning.

  Then they turned to the rest of us. 

  "This is Shiro." He said gesturing to my hero. "My friend."

  "Friend?" Shiro gasped. "You wound me! We are brothers, Keith! Brothers!"

  Hunk and I glanced at each other. "Brothers?" He mouthed.

  "I'm Lance." I said, a casual grin crossing my beautiful features. "The nervous guy's Hunk."

 "You should remember me." Katie stated. "Especially after I caught you making out with my brother. Speaking of which, do you know where he is?"

 "No, I'm sorry. Everything is a little hazy." Shiro admitted. "I barely remember anything after getting kidnapped by aliens."

 "You were what?!" Hunk choked, his eyes widening. 

Author's Note

I'm sorry this is out so late! I've been really busy lately. I'll try to get another chapter out by the end of the month for Shiro's birthday!

Please leave feedback, it's really helpful!