Chapter 21: The Start Of The Journey Ahead

Over 13k reads on my little story... Although I keep loosing my will to write, I'll try to write and update more often.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Well, I have never seen anything like that!" the guild master said as we turned to him. "It wasn't that much." I sighed. "What do you mean? With that much power, you may even be worthy of SS rank!"

"Forgive me, but what happened?" Deliva asked the guild master. He pat my shoulder, "This man just beat an SS party by himself, and with only a wooden dagger." he laughed.

"I would recommend to stop that if you don't want end up like them." I growled at him. He stopped.

"Is that why you called me? To help the mess you caused?" she looked at me. "Perhaps." I looked away to the sky and saw a high standing mountain in the distance.

"What is that?" I pointed there, attempting to change the subject. "That there is Ignix Mountain, I would not climb it even at your power. The first king barely escaped with his life from what he called a {Dragon King}, when he climbed it. We have sent people but they have never returned." the guild master said as he looked up to it too.

"Seems like a nice place to cool my head." I said as I looked at the snow. "I probably won't come back to this town after that. I mean it's nice, but I want to travel a bit before I have to return back ..." I sighed.

"Traveling is good, I used to be like you when I was young. I will have to give you something." he said as he turned to the stairs and returned to his office.

"If you are not coming back, then let me come along with you, on your travels." Deliva said. "What?" I stared at her.

"By the looks of it, you do not need me, but I wish to come along, by my own wish." she said.

'What shall I do? ...'
'I did not mention this earlier, but she is radiating with a light blessing and I did not give it to her. Perhaps she can lead you to another piece of me.'
'That's not a bad idea.'

"I don't mind if you come along, but you have to get Luna's permission too..." I said. "Cason is the leader, so I go with what he says." she yawned.

She took a second before she said anything. "Kasun, what an interesting and weird name..." she whispered under her breath.

In the back of my head, something was emerging, something I didn't take into account for this. "What about the kids?" I asked randomly. Deliva's lost a little bit of colour as she remembered them too.

"Erm, I have a [Letter Of Recommendation] here for you, so you can obtain SS rank. You need to go to the king at the capital to earn it." he said as he returned.

"For giving me such a good show, I will give you this." he took out a package from his coat. "This is an ancient artifact I found when I was young. I never found a use for it but I hope you do. Take good care of it." he said.

"Umm, thank you, although I have something to ask of you too. You see, I need you to protect some people until we return." I said.

"Who are they?" he asked. "They're orphans of the war, please don't do anything to them." I said.

"I do not agree with the ruling of the king with this, but they can kill me if they find out." he sighed.

"Only until we return, try to keep them hidden as much as you can." Deliva bargained.

"Alright, travel while you can. I will be waiting." he sighed as he let us go.

...........

At a nearby restaurant, people looked over to observe an odd table of 3. They sat there speaking of what to do and their plans while waiting for their food.