Chapter 1 :

💙Hey hi! So this is my new Shawn fanfic. Here's chapter 1💙

   Kaycee Chase, long brown wavy hair, green eyes, 17 and 5'3 . Yep that's me. My dad, Sam Chase owner/coach a hockey team in Canada. I live in a mansion and it's full of glamour. It's just me and my dad, when his team plays I go to the home games.Its fun because after I go on the ice and skate However for the away games I don't go because of school and ice skating. Yes, I ice skate. I've been doing it since I was 3. When my mom and dad separated I was 1 so I don't remember anything and my dad doesn't talk about it. In all honesty I hardly remember my mom all I know is her name is Amy (used to be Chase). sometimes I wish I had my mom, like when I got my period, my first break up, my first kiss. It's crazy sometimes.

"Kay are you coming to the game today?!"

"Yeah let me get dressed"

I'm used to the chill of the rink so I just put a faded blue and white hoodie on, black jeans, and black nikes. I go to walk down the cascading stairs and realize I left my phone on the charger. I run back to my room and grab my phone. I notice my Alex and Ani bracelets and put them on.

 I notice my Alex and Ani bracelets and put them on

When I get in the car I check my phone:

Lai♡ (Pronounced lay short for Laila): YOU'RE COMING TODAY RIGHT?!!

Me: Yes, per usual.

Lai♡: Oh like you don't love it. You're ridiculous.

Me: Haha. You caught me lol.

When we finally reach the rink my dad does what he usually does.

"I'm going to the locker room, see you after the game"

"Ok"

I go find Lai on the bleachers and to watch the game.

As the players skate to the ice I notice a new number. His number is 98 and on his jersey it says Mendes. He seems really tall and muscular

"Lai who is that?"

"I don't know, my brother said there was a new guy on the team...I guess it's him"

"HMM. I GUESS... I WANNA KNOW WHY MY DAD DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING"

"I thought he did or would've"

"I'll talk to him later about it"

Lai's brother Carter plays on the team too, it's the reason why Lai and I are friends. We were like 14 when her brother got on my dads team. I was at the rink and it was the first few times I came, Lai came up to me and the conversation started with:

"You being forced to come watch your brother play too?" she asked. "Uh no, do I really look that clueless?" "Eh kinda, you seem spaced out and bored" "Well bored..Yes. I don't have a brother, my dad owns the team."

That was pretty much the foundation of our friendship.

~After the game~

There's no free skate today so I just talk to Lai and her mom while I wait for my dad. While I'm standing there "Mendes" walks by and he smiles at me, I smile back.

Soon after my dad comes out and he says

"WHATTA GAME...AM I RIGHT?!"

"Yeah, it was really good, defense was on top of it today"

"Yeah they did great"

"So who's the new guy?"

"Oh thats Shawn, Shawn Mendes. He recently moved up from the other teams...he isn't necessarily new"

"Oh Gotcha"

When we get home I go to my room and begin to do my homework. I have English vocabulary which is easy, History vocabulary and that takes awhile. Yeahhh... even though my dad is rich and I'm popular I have really good grades and my goal is to get all 100's.

When I finish my homework I go downstairs to the kitchen and find food. My dad doesn't cook much, I do all the cooking mainly.

i'm not all that hungry so I just make french toast sticks and go over to the island/ breakfast bar and watch Ice Princess. When I finish my movie I go back upstairs to my room and change into Nike Pros and a t-shirt. I turn the light out and read stuff on my phone, answer some texts/snaps from Lai. Soon enough my eyes begin to get heavy and I fall asleep.

💙There's chapter 1! I am not from Canada I am from the U.S. so spellings/Food/slang may not be correct...pleaseeee forrrgive <3 💙