1

Stan didn't quite know how he got roped into this spur of the moment road trip, but here he was laying in the back of Richie Toziers truck, staring up at the shell that Richie had put on the back so that he could sleep in it instead of spending money on hotels. The truck was a complete mess, the back window between the bed of the truck and the 3 front seats was broken out, Richie had done that when he was mowing his lawn, hit a stone and launched it through the back window. It was a bit convenient, the boys could easily squeeze through from the front to the back and visa versa. 

This road trip was supposed to be some kind of last blowout fun weekend with Richie, Eddie, Stan, Bill, Bev, and Mike. Ben was spending the summer at his aunts in Florida, Bill got an offer to go to a creative writing camp that he couldn't pass up, Bev had to work because she needed all the money she could get for an apartment, and Mike's dad refused to let him go due to the previous incident with Richie. Richie was driving Mike home from a party and both of them were very drunk, but Richie was slightly less drunk due to the fact that Mike was a lightweight. When Richie was pulling into the Hanlon's farm he turned into the driveway too early and ended up taking out some of their fence...and one of their chickens. Mike's father knew that Richie would never pay him back, so he made Richie work on the farm for the summer to pay off his debt, so understandably Mike's father didn't trust Richie to drive almost 15 hours with his son in the car.

All 3 boys were happy to get some alone time together so they could do dumb boyfriend shit without trying to hide it, but Stan was nervous due to the fact that almost no planning went into this trip. Hell, they didn't even decide on where they were going until last night. Stan almost didn't go on the trip but Eddie practically begged him to go, and he couldn't say no to him. 

The boys had all decided to go to Virginia Beach, Richie wanted to go to New York City but Eddie threw a fit due to the fact that his mother told him it smelled like 'hot trash', upon hearing that Stan agreed that New York was not the place for them and they finally settled on Virginia Beach. Eddie was looking forward to seeing the ocean which he had never seen before, Richie wanted to have fun and get drunk with his boys, Stan really just wanted to relax but he didn't think he would get much of that done with Richie and Eddie. Right now they were singing Africa by Toto very loudly, and whether Stan wanted to admit it or not he thought was kind of cute.

"Stanny Boy! Why don't you join us up here?" Richie shouted over the music. Eddie looked back at Stan and smiled at him. Stan rolled his eyes but climbed through to the front and sat on the passenger side with his arm out the window.

"How excited for the beach are you?" Eddie asked looking at Stan

"I am... moderately excited" Stan told him "Just, kidding I'm really excited to go to the beach." Stan added after seeing Richie and Eddie's hurt faces.

"You better be! We're gonna be there for a week, and if you hate it it's gonna make us hate it." Richie said after he turned down the radio .

"I am actually excited, so when we get there what are we gonna do other than the beach?" Stan asked

"The aquarium, the water park, what else Rich?"

"Mount Trashmore, the park, maybe a museum." Richie added nodding.

"Mount Trashmore? That sounds fucking disgusting." Stan grimaced 

"No, it's a park that used to be a dump, but there's no more garbage there so you two can relax." Richie explained knowing that they would freak out once they heard the name. They both nodded and relaxed. Richie turned up the radio and tapped the beat of the music on the stearing wheel, Eddie leaned on Stan which made him smile.

The boys drove along in silence for about 2 hours, Eddie was asleep on Stan's shoulder and Richie chuckled. It was noon and they'd been driving since 8, they had about 10 hours left to drive. Richie knew that if they wanted to they could be in Virginia around 10 or 11 pm tonight, Stan or Eddie could take over for Richie and they could make it in one day.