Fairy Wings

"Princess, get back here!" the fairy sales lady yelled as she was chasing me through the Enchanted Forest.

"Not a chance!" I yelled back as I was trying to fly as quickly as possible.

What on earth did I do? Oh, I only took a necklace from her shop. It's just so pretty and I didn't bring any gold with me. Well, I'm the princess after all. I own everything they sell so technically this necklace is mine.

After a while of flying, I ran into a group of guys. I almost fell but luckily one of them was quick enough to catch me.

When I looked at who they were, my eyes widened when I noticed their uniforms. They're Dad's guards!

"The king would like to have a word with you, Princess," one of them said.

I was about to run away but one of them added a pinch of fairy dust on my wings, so I had no choice but to follow them.

It did not take long before we reached the palace. They immediately guided me to the throne room.

"Hi, Dad!" I greeted when I saw my father sitting on his throne.

"What is this I'm hearing?" he asked.

"I didn't do anything! I swear," I said, raising my hands in surrender but I forgot I was holding the necklace, so it fell from my grasp. I tried to pick it back up, but Dad used his magic to teleport the necklace to him.

"How can you explain this to me?" he asked, raising the necklace.

"I love you, Daddy," I said, trying to distract him.

"Not working." He shook his head. "This is not how I raised you, Aine! What were you thinking?!" he scolded.

"Dad, hear me out, okay? I wanted that necklace and I didn't bring any gold with me," I explained.

He massaged his head before sighing, "You are grounded, Aine Dust Wimzy! Go to your room!"

"But Dad–"

"This is not up for discussion. Go to your room!" he commanded.

I snorted. "No!"

"No?" he asked in disbelief.

"No!" I answered firmly.

"You won't go to your room?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I won't."

"Okay, then." He nodded before grabbing something from his pocket. I got shocked when he suddenly pats my wings.

"Dad, what did you do?" I asked, getting worried.

"Since you won't go to your room, I sprinkled my fairy dust on your wings," he answered.

My eyes widened. "Dad!"

"Wings, please take Aine to her room," he commanded.

"Wings, no!" I said but it didn't listen. It flew me to my room and it even locked the door!

I crossed my arms. "I thought you're my friend," I told my wings.

You might be wondering, why the hell can my dad's fairy dust control my wings.

Fairies like me get our powers from our fairy wings. We generate fairy dust from our wings in our sleep. We then collect them every morning.

One trick only the royal family and the guards know is to sprinkle dust to a fairy's wings to control it. It fades after a day. Guards use it to catch criminals. As for my dad, he uses it for me.