Here it is

After The Fall Out:

The Survivors

It was completely dark all around me. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face, but it was close enough to feel my breath on the skin of my palm.

I was so scared I thought my heart was beating out of my chest and the hair on the back of my neck was on end. All I could hear was water dripping in an agonizingly slow rate into a puddle at a distance. That was until something splashed through the water behind me. I dropped to the ground as quietly as I could and scurried until I ran into what I thought was a wall. I clung to it quietly. All I thought was why did I drop the fucking light! Jesus fucking Christ I could really use it right now. I could feel sweat roll down my brow and falling into my eye. I rubbed it away with my filth-covered arm. My eyes began to sting as I mentally screamed what is in this water and what was that sound? All I thought as I shivered there was come on, grow some balls and say something! Or wait for whatever that was in this stinking filthy water to kill you. This water smells like shit. Say something, anything, just don't sound like a coward because your life depends on it.

I tried to utter a sound with what little courage I had, but instead I threw up quietly in the filth I'm squatting in. Hell I knew I couldn't make it smell worse. Oh god, it scurried again whatever it was quickly through the water, but it was closer. I yell at myself to say something, anything but for the love of god don't sound scared. My voice cracked and I uttered, "Come any closer and I will shoot you. Leave now while you still have a chance and no holes in your body! You have no idea who the fuck you are messing with!" I pray I sound brave. How am I going to throw up again when I have nothing left in me? I dry heave and hope whatever that is it doesn't hear me.

Then something grabbed my shoulder and since I don't have a gun I did the only thing I could do. I drop to me knees and exclaim, "Don't kill me yet! I got this far! Please!" But then I actually see what's behind me.

"Ruby is that you?!"

"Hi Mark!"

"Oh my fucking god! You're an asshole, Ruby! Why didn't you say anything? You kept scurrying through the water like a dick and scaring me."

"First off, you can't scurry through water, you can tread or slosh about, but not scurry and do I look like a fucking mouse to you? They scurry. I, on the other hand, majestically saunter through this sewer we appear to be in. This is the last time I agree to follow you anywhere. You are a shit navigator. Secondly, why you are so scared? I told you I was gonna go and use the bathroom over there in the corner and it's your fault I got lost! You dropped the light because you chose to follow that goddamn squirrel up that tree."

"Look Mark, we are hungry and I and I had to forge for food. Squirrels are natural forgers and quick decisions had to be made."

"Really? So throwing the fucking flash light over the cliff we were standing by was a rash choice to follow a squirrel that was literally standing next to you?"

"No, Mark, probably not! And goddammit, I wish I got some nuts out of it, but that selfish ass squirrel wouldn't share any. That elusive ass motherfucker."

"Ruby, we are human beings we cannot live on nuts alone. Before the apocalypse, did your family teach you anything?"

"No, but my teacher attempted to teach me math, but I failed. The... class...because... of tinder."

"Are you telling me our survival depends on your education of tinder?"

"And Harry Potter! I learned how to survive from Harry Potter!! Now we need a white bird to name Hedwig and some neglectful Aunts and Uncles and a Honey badger! Wait, I can do this, give me a minute."