chapter three

[an] aHHH! i had finished writing this chapter but it fucking deleted. sorry if it seems rushed!

eddie woke up before richie, the sound of birds gaily chirping outside. his eyes fluttered open and he looked around his vision ever so slightly blurry, since he had just woken up.

he rubbed his eyes, his vision starting to clear back up. his eyes scanned across the room until they landed on a small, black, electric clock.

11:27 AM.

eddie was surprised he had slept so well, but he was glad that he did. his aching, fatigued body needed it. although he wasn't exactly physically pain-free in the moment, he felt leaps and bounds better.

suddenly, he heard a groan produce from richie, who was starting to stir.

richie pulled his pillow over his head, not wanting to wake up. eventually he came to terms with the fact that he had to wake up and reached for his glasses case, opening it in a quick motion. he slid on his glasses and blinked. he stood up and began to make his way over to eddie, yawning with his hand over his mouth.

he sat down next to eddie and smiled a little bit. "how'd you sleep?"

eddie shrugged. "i slept pretty well, i guess. it was nice to be back to sleeping in a real bed opposed to a pile of sticks that would jab into my back and occasionally cut me when i laid on them." he said flatly.

richie frowned. "i'm just glad you're safe. i was so worried about you. for awhile i thought you were dead." he stated before standing up and making his way over to the closet.

eddie shook his head. "you shouldn't be so worried about me. i don't want to be the cause of your mental health plummeting. i would rather you be happy." he said as richie rummaged through his closet.

richie soon emerged from the closet with two shirts. he tossed one to eddie, who swiftly caught it.

"go ahead and change into it." he said, already taking off his own shirt. he slid on a different shirt and waited patiently for eddie to finish changing too.

eddie soon finished changing and stood up. "no, but seriously. you really shouldn't worry so much about me. i'm not worth the stress." he said.

"are you hungry?" richie asked, trying to avoid responding to what eddie had said.

eddie reluctantly nodded. "yeah. i am."

"then let's go get some food into your stomach." richie said, both of the two making their way towards the door. richie wrapped his fingers around the brass doorknob and twisted it, the door popping open.

eddie gulped. "is your mom home?" he asked.

richie shook his head. "no, she's not."

eddie let out a sigh of relief. "good."

they began to walk downstairs, traveling down the staircase and into the kitchen, their feet moving in synchronization.

eddie stopped in his tracks. "can i see them?"

"see who?" richie asked, thoroughly perplexed by eddie's question.

eddie turned to face richie. "them. the losers club. or rather the members of the no longer existing losers club."

"what if they tell someone?" richie inquired, concerned.

"they won't. they're my friends. friends don't rat each other out. only fucking assholes do that." eddie responded without a single moment of hesitation.

richie sighed. "okay." he said begrudgingly as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. he unlocked it swiftly and tapped on messages. he scrolled down until he found a group chat called 'thots and tatertots'.

he let out a laugh when he saw the title, but his laugh quickly faded and his face became blank and bare once more.

eddie peered over his shoulder for a second and then stopped peering over his shoulder. "is it really over?"

richie sadly nodded. "yeah, it is. it's fucking awful that it ended. after all of the time we had all spent together, it ended in flames and fucking heartbreak. oh yeah, it even made beverly and bill break up." he said, undertones of anger evident in his voice as he spoke.

eddie stopped peering . "i hate myself for running away. it's all because of my selfishness that this all fucking happened. i should've never fucking left.

richie shook his head. "it's not your fault. don't blame it on yourself. it's your mom, and everyone else that hurt you's fault." he said, staring into eddie's chocolatey brown eyes as he spoke.

eddie huffed. "fine."

richie looked back down at his phone and typed a message into the group chat. he read it a few times before nodding to himself and sending it.

'come to my house. now.'