●●○

Q was wearing a dark green suit, James would have loved it or hated it. Eve liked it, mostly because everyone else was wearing black, she too. It made the young man special and that was , what he was on that funeral. He was the special guest because he had been special for the person who laid in the simple, dark grey coffin with the silver handles and because everyone else there was a colleague of the agent, or something like a friend to him, but no one was as important as Q.
And this was something everyone felt.
When Q came in the church, he was almost late, nobody was commenting it.
When he took a seat in the first bench, next to Eve, another person went in the second without saying anything.
When Eve talked about a certain person in the room who had known the dead person like no one else, everyone secretly starred at Q.
Eve didn't know if Q noticed what was happening around him at all.
His eyes were fixed on the ring on his left hand all of the time.
'He was more than a great man. He was a good man.' Eve helt the speech very professional, without a single tear, without a crack in her voice.
'We're all missing him. Not many people had such a strong patriotism to stand the torture he stand from time to time. But, although the most of the people who knew him thought so, not only his patriotism kept him alive. There was also a home, he wanted to return to after every mission. Like a ship which is far away from time to time, but always returns into its harbour.'
Q knew why Eve chose this metaphor to mention him.
He had told her about their first meeting in the museum, about the painting and about their conversation.
When everyone had said what he had wanted to, they came and took the emty coffin away and everyone followed in pairs of two or three, sometimes even only one person.
It was a funeral in every honour the United kingdom could give to its best agent, everywhere were flags and of course the coffin was also wrapped in one.
In the one,  they normally give to to the wives or families of the agent, but  this time it was taken down in the grave, like it would be there instead of the corpse.
Moneypenny stood next to Q and looked at him.
He still starred at the ring.
Sometimes there's not only heartbreak, sometimes the mind breaks as well.