.: chapter four :.

.: ♚ :.

FOR the first time in his life, Heronskip woke up without Minnowtail having to wake him up. A prophecy? To me? The Star Kingdom have to be insane.

But as much as he didn't like it... he did have to see what the prophecy was about.

"Darkness surrounds this place,
Find a cat without a face..
Return home and fix this place?" he mumbled to himself. Wait, that's not right.

And then the voice of the weird cat from his dream came back to him: "Darkness, darkness, surrounds this place.
If you find the spirit cat without a face,
Perhaps you can fix what has been built on lies.
Do this, come home, and unravel all the ties."

How ominous, he thought. How am I, of all cats, supposed to fulfill this prophecy?

Then he had an idea. "I can go find Fawnsplash! The cat mentioned her!" he exclaimed, then immediately covered his mouth with his tail.

But Minnowtail was still asleep. Heronskip sighed in relief.

He scurried outside, eager to tell Oakstripe, and then realized it was the middle of the night. Whoops..

Heronskip slowly re-entered his hut and curled up in his nest. I'll have to tell her tomorrow.

He slept soundly that night, and was out of the house before Minnowtail even began to wake up. He scanned the clearing for her in case she had decided to visit his village. Nope

So he ran to Oakstripe's village, skidding to a halt as he noticed a huge trunk that lay in the center of the entrance to West Village.

"What the- what is this?" he murmured to himself. Cautiously, he climbed over it and entered West Village. He made his way over to Oakstripe's hut.

She lived alone; her sister had passed away from cancer a year ago. Remembering, Heronskip pushed the thought away. "Oakstripe?" he whispered, pulling her door of lichen away.

She wasn't there. He turned around to search for his best friend.

Wait, Oakstripe? And then he saw her. And what she was doing.