Chapter 2

Now that the team knew that he could sing, he felt more comfortable singing while he walking around the ship. It didn't mean he didn't stop whenever he saw one of his friends. Although they would try and encourage him to sing, he would always blush and stutter out some sort of excuse before turning the other way and running away.

He didn't think that it was important that he could sing, everyone in his family could sing. He had done it his entire life, whether it be singing in the kitchen with his parents, at his family's church, or participating in school talent shows. He did have a habit of comforting his siblings with a lullaby or something similar when they were upset or had trouble getting to sleep. He didn't think that he would ever sing in front of his teammates until he realized how much it helped them.

___________________________________________

The first one that he helped was Pidge. He found her sitting on the lounge's couch, typing away on her computer. He knew that she hadn't gone to sleep for very long over the last three or so days and he thought that it was about time that he intervened. He walked over and plopped himself down beside her.

"Hey, Pidge,"

"Hi," she replied shortly, not looking up from her work.

"You should probably head to bed soon, we're going to have a long day tomorrow," he tried.

"We always have long days Lance," she deadpanned, never once taking her eyes off of her work.

"Well yeah, but you usually have at least a few hours before you get up," he reasoned. Her shoulders slumped slightly and her fingers came off of the keyboard before she looked over at Lance. For the first time, he noticed the dark bags that were under her eyes.

"I'm trying Lance, I really am," she said, sounding truly exhausted. She closed her laptop and set it off to the side.

"I try to get through some codes to get tired or something but it doesn't work anymore," her hands came up to dig into her eyes. "I'm so tired, but I can't get to sleep,"

Lance's eyes widened slightly at the admission and he quickly wrapped her up in a hug. He had no idea that Pidge was going through that. He just thought that she was concentrating too hard on some Galra code. That's how it was at the Garrison, or at least it seemed like it.

"I'm sorry if it's affecting the team," Pidge said quietly. Lance jolted slightly in surprise and realized that Pidge was crying.

"No, no, Pidge, I was just worried about you," Lance said frantically, hugged her tightly to his chest.

"Maybe I can help?" He suggested looking down at her. She sniffed and shook her head slightly.

"I don't know what you can do about it, I mean there's no real reason behind it," she admitted.

"Nonsense, there's always something you can do, I used to sing to my little brother and sister to help them get to sleep," he stated with a smile. Pidge looked at him in surprise.

"I didn't think you liked singing around us," Pidge sniffed.

"Well this is more important than that," Lance huffed with a small pout. Pidge laughed and snuggled closer to Lance.

"Okay," she said quietly, closing her eyes and going limp against Lance's chest. He hummed quietly in thought, going through his mind for a song.

"Wandering child of the Earth, do you know just how much you're worth?" He started quietly, running his fingers through her hair.

"You have walked this path since your birth, you were destined for more," he felt Pidge's breath start evening out and carefully slid her glasses off of her face and folded them up.