The storm

0500 hours,Ursa system,2552.

We awake to a full red alert.
"This is captain miller,we have detected multiple slip space signatures,support is on its way,all hands to battle stations,and would Sargent major lamosa report to the bridge".
"what are our orders sir".
"You know the dance Rocky,I gotta go see what the captain wants".
I get to the bridge and find Ash,the captain,and Henderson.
"Get over here barker,the captain has some special orders for us".
"What is it sir"?
"We have split the ODST units into two teams,red and blue,you will be leading blue team lamosa,Henderson will be leading red,Keith and Brody are with red team,Ash with blue,in exchange blue gets four extra men".
"That makes sense".
"Now,to the main orders,barker,is that what they call you"?
"Yes sir".
"Ok then barker,you and blue team will on standby for drop".
"May I ask where we are dropping"?
"On to the covenant main cruiser".
"But sir,how"?
"It is standard covenant procedure to leave their shields down when not in combat,they do not know we are here so they will not emerge from slip space with them on. So we manoeuvre behind Ursa four so it's gasses block their sensors and they will leave their shields lowered,we have outfitted your drop pods with thrusters and jamming tech to get you to the ship,,they will not notice you till you are on the board,you will take out the main reactor and hopefully the blast will cripple a couple of the other ships,the reinforcements are awaiting my command to jump in and give us support".
"Ok,which squads am I leading"?
"Lamosa you will lead all of the Tango squads,Henderson you are lead your squad,alpha six and Charlie three".
"Got it".
"Now get your men ready blue leader,red you will be loaded on to pelicans ready to board the crippled ship and extract blue team".
"Yes sir"
"Well what are you waiting for,get a move on".
I walk back to the barracks and find all of the new blue team ready to go.
"You get your orders"?
"Yes sir".
"Then let's do this thing".
We sit by the pods for ten or twenty minutes when captain miller gets on the P.A.
"Blue team get ready for deployment in ten minutes".
We start to grab our gear,I grab a Assault rifle with a grenade launcher on the underbarrel and two M6C SOCOM pistols,hunter grabs her favourite sniper and a silenced smg.rocky grabs a shotgun and a silent battle rifle,and Butch grabs an LMG and two silent SMGs We all share one last look and slide our helmets on. We get in our pods and prep for the drop,Ash's being to my right and butch's to my left.
Rocky gets on the helmet radio and jokes
"I would usually say prep for landfall,but...we are not exactly dropping towards land".
"Haha Reese but can you keep the channel clear"?
"Got it boss".
"Sound off blue team".
"Tango one standing by".
"Tango two standing by".
"Tango four standing by".
"Tango five standing by".
"T-minus three...two...one... launch".
We go flying out of the frigate,the thrusters fire and we curve around the gas giant,eventually the the covenant fleet comes into view,four battlecruisers,two heavy destroyers,three assault cruisers and one supercarrier.
We fly for eight minutes,our hairs standing on end.
"We are approaching the supercarrier,aim for the section I am marking on our HUDs".
"Is that not to close to one of the cannons"? Asks Ash.
"Nice call,adjust course by 27 degrees".
We all turn to make the correction.
"Fuck they have seraphs".
"Stay our of their field of view".
"Won't their scanners pick us up"?
"No,these pod have been outfitted with jamming tech,as long as the pilots don't see us we will be fine".
We enter the area in between where the shield would be and the hull.
"Engage retro thrusters on my mark... mark".
Our descent slows and we make a somewhat soft landing on the hull,which means we were only embedded a foot into the armour.
"So how are we getting in there"? Asks one of the men in Tango two.
"We are over one of the main habitats on board. Ash will exit her pod and place hyper acidic changes on the hull,they will melt the hull enough for the pods to fall into the large open area,where we will then deploy our chutes. Any questions or concerns,if you have any please take it up with the brass".
"How will you get back in Ash"? Asks a worried Katy.
"I have a small thruster pack that will slow my descent,or if on the way down a patrolling banshee is kind enough to let me hijack it I will happily oblige".
Ash does her job and as we fall through the armour I notice Katy's pod's chute was not primed.
"Hunter prime your chute".
"I can't it's jammed"!
"I have an idea,Katy blow you door off".
"I don't have enough thrust to save her". Yells Ash.
"Do you have enough for one good throw"?
"I should,where do you want her"?
"Your open pod".
Katy jumps and Ash nails the throw,getting her directly in the pod,which's parachute immediately deploys.
We land in what seem to be a city.
"This isn't right,this ship should be a supercarrier,it looks more like...like this is not their main ship".
"We saw it from above,it only looks about four square kilometres,it could be a luxury city for the commanders to stay in".
"Just keep your eyes peeled".
We walk through the city until we find a patrol of grunts,with a elite leading them.
"Go silent,take em out".
We quickly dispose of the covenant threat and as we walk by the corpses Ash picks up a couple plasma grenades and replaces her AR with a pair of plasma rifles.
"Is that not against the cole protocol"?
"I won't bring them back".
"Ok,let's get moving".
We navigate our way through the ship,seemingly blind.
"Do we know where we are going"?
"Yes,Abraham knows the layout of these ships pretty well,we just need to get out of this city and we will get our bearings".
"Abraham"?
"My not too smart AI".
"You have an AI"?
"Yeah but he is pretty useless at times,I can just use common sense,he is only good in very specific situations".
"But still,it's better then nothing".
"I guess,if only I had cortana,then I would be set". She says as she toys with a data pad.
"We all wish we had her,but we need to get moving".
We move out,coming across two more patrols,which we silently take out,I take a plasma pistol to replace one of my SOCOMs.
We reach an exit to the city and as we walk through the halls Ash informs us that Abraham know where we are so we start to follow her.
"Can you not connect him to the helmet mic"?
"He doesn't like the ODST interface,I'm working on it".
He finally gives in and we here him on the radio and marks our HUDs. After a minute or so of walking we find a huragock engineer. I am about to shoot it when Katy stops me.
"Let it be,it is no threat to us,it just wants to fix things".
"I have an idea,I'll put a part of Ab in the covenant cam system so we know when something is coming.
We continue walking until we run into a jackal squad.
"That are blocking the only way to the objective".
"Fuck it go loud"! I shout as I overcharge the plasma pistol and blast the brute leader in the head.
Blue team opens fire,making short work of the bird like aliens.
"More support on its way,brutes"! Yells Katy as she picks one off with a clean headshot,quickly switches to her SMG and empties a clip into the closest jiralhanae warrior,multiple bullets lodging into It's ape like skull.
"Let's Do this blue team". I shout as more jackals pour into the hallway.
Hunter grabs one of the jackal's arm shields and straps it to her arm,blocking plasma shots as she fires back with her SMG. Rocky is going ham with his shotgun,killing multiple grunts in a few seconds. Butch was mowing down swarms of jackal with is LMG,until finally the covenant force starts to retreat.
"How many casualties"?
"We lost Jake and Max,Noah was shot in the arm".
"We need to get to that reactor,more reinforcements on the way"! Yells a panicked Ash.
"You ok,you sound scared".
"Abraham has spotted four hunters on the way,with multiple elites as well".
"Then let's go already". Yells butch.
We get to the reactor and prime the changes.
"Fifteen minutes till detonation". Says Abraham.
"Setting a count down on your HUDs".
"we need some way to lock them out". Mutters rocky.
"Can Abraham do it"?
"No he can't,it's too heavily guarded".
"So someone has to stay".
"I'll do it".
"What's your name kid"?
"It's Carmen,Carmen huntman".
"Do you have a family Carmen"?
"No,these covie bastards killed them all,I want some revenge,I never intended to come out of here alive".
"They will cut through the door before it blows you know that right"?
"Yes sir".
"Then give em hell helljumper".
I try to radio to the Headhunter but they are not responding.
"Why need to get farther from the centre of the ship".
We start running,right by a group of grunts That where looking for us.
We make it to the city district with eleven minutes to spare.
"Are the shields up".
"No,I think the pelicans can come pick us up here".
"This the blue leader to the UNSC Headhunter,we are ready for extract".
"This is captain Miller,the dropships are on the way,can you hold up seven minutes"?
"Yes sir,the bomb will blow in ten".
"Anything else Barker".
"No we are clear,barker out".
After two minutes a group of covenant come around the corner.
"I am covenant zealot thu'm davomee,I am the active fleet commander,I would like your strongest fighter to come forth,and duel me,if you win my forces will allow you to go free".
"And if they lose"?
"Then your next strongest will come up and fight me,until I am bested or all of you are dead".
Ash walks forward.
"State your name and allegiance".
"I am Ash,I am loyal to the UNSC".
"So you are their strongest? Let us find out if you are worthy".
The elite warrior draws two energy swords,four foot blades of pure plasma,he tosses her one of them and ignites his own. Ash grabs the covered hilt as the sword comes to life. They lock blades,Ash at first being at a disadvantage but slowly starts to hold her own. The swords clash,sparks flying everywhere.
"So it is true,your race has capable warriors".
After they fight for five minutes Ash slowly Gaines the upper hand,getting her blade on the throat of the sangheili warrior.
"You have defeated me,what is my fate"?
"I recommend you get to an escape pod,this thing is going down".
He turns to get to a dropship but stops and looks at Ash.
"Keep them,as a trophy of your victory". As he hands her his own energy sword.
"We need to move blue team, the pelicans are here".
They land and our fellow ODST sweep the area and cover us as we load the two injured men on board. We just escape the blast radius when it blows. The gigantic ship ruptures in half and explodes. The EMP from the blast disabling most of the ships around it. What is left of the fleet high tale it out of the system.
"This is red leader,we have the packages,there were only three casualties,four injuries".
"This is captain Miller,good job men,a support
fleet is on it's way,see you in the hangar blue team".
We land with the captain waiting for us.
"Report to the bridge at 0900 hours,but for now,go take a shower,all of you".